1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Game Quote.....eeh game

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Apeman, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Jazhara7 has it right. One of the best (and only, unfortunately) adventures games of the past 5 years.

2. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

So true, Ziad. Although I also quite liked "The Black Mirror" (the german voice acting was brilliant. I heard the english was not so good).
    But TLJ was probably the best.

Here is my quote:

"Clarity...above all, Clarity..."

3. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I don't understand what was so great about the Longest Journey and I never will understand. The story was boring, puzzles were also boring, characters uncharismatic and the voice acting sucked. While I have played most of my adventure games through atleast twice, the longest journey is the only one I haven't even considered about installing after completing it.

Well anyway that was quite a lot offtopic but I just had to comment on that one. :p

Well I'm quite lost with that quote though since it's only three words which do not tell me much, but since I posted something here I felt I might as well try taking a guess, and my guess is KotOR.

4. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

No, it is not KOTOR. It is a much older game. And it did not sell that well (though a certain company produced it) *cough*adventure*cough*

[Offtopic]
    It is probably a bit much to say that TLJ was the best game in the last five years. But it is certainly one of the best. There were many other good games released (okay, not that many. But some), and I won't even start on the Amateur Adventures (like "5 Days a Stranger"...oops, I better stop...).

And anybody who dares insult TLJ, has to first fight the official Looney of the DIVIDE (Me).

...kidding...
    [/Offtopic]

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Loom?

6. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

Yes, it is LOOM! This is said by Master Goodmold of the guild of Glassmakers, in their guild city Crystalgard.

Your turn, Takara.

7. Takara

Media:
    The clues gave it away. Never bought the game myself though.

I cant really think of one at the moment, so here's a softie

That compass in the handle will sure come in handy too.

8. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

tehe...a softie indeed.

Manny Calavera in "Grim Fandango".

9. Takara

Media:
    heh. That's what happens when you cant think. Good game, amusing quote though. Your turn.

10. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

Okay, here's my next one:

"Why does this always happen to me?"

11. toughluck Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Broken Sword (2)?

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Monkey Island 2? 3?

It does sound like a Guybrush moment.

13. toughluck Gems: 8/31

Yeah, MI was going to bemy next guess ;) Either way, I think it's somewhere in BS 2 -- and I think that American tourist says it. Besides, I have another backup ready.

14. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

No, none of those. But it is an adventure game.

Hint: The character has a fiery temper.

15. Morgoroth

It wouldn't happen to be the Edison son (who collects stamps) in Day of the Tentacle? I doubt this is it since the guy plays such a minor role in the game but I he comes first into my mind when we talk about fiery temper. ;)

16. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31

You mean Ed? No, it's not him. It's no game by LucasArts/Lucas Filmgames.

I think I'll add this: The quote is from the second game of it's series.

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Street Fighter 2?

18. Morgoroth

The problem is that the quote could be from about any adventure game there is. Well I'm going to say Discworld 2, don't remember anyone there with a foul temper but it had a various number of "special" characters so one of them had to have a foul temper. ;)

19. toughluck Gems: 8/31

Flight of the Amazon Queen?

20. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It sounds like Homer Simpson complaining. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.