1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The game of the year 2005

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Undertaker, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Your fav/top game of 2005 :)
    Mine is for sure Splinter Cell3: Chaos Theory :D
    followed by Civilization 4.

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

For me, F.E.A.R. followed by The Movies. But there weren't very many great games released this year. Those two plus Fable were the only ones I can remember really getting into.

3. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Fahrenheit - Even though it began to stumble towards the end, but still the best of 2005.

4. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Don't think I actually played many games that were released this year.

God of War and Mercenaries were excellent.

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Definitely F.E.A.R.

6. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

The only game I bought that was released this year was Civ IV and I hate it, it's nowhere near Civ III let alone the immaculate Civ II; in fact I'm going to give it to my mother.

7. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Hearts of Iron 2 by Paradox Entertainment. A WWII strategygame a bit on the heavier side for those of you who don't recognize the title. ;)

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Dragon Quest VIII for the ps2 is a pretty solid game actualy. I'm might be wrong, but was KOTOR II released in 04' or 05'?

9. Darkstrike Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ghost Recon 2: Summit strike for xbox and Spartan: Total Warrior for xbox as well!

10. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resident Evil 4, no contest.

11. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Rome total war: Barbarian Invasion

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can't even think of any games released in 2005, let alone any that I have played or bought.

The most recently released game that I have played is Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark. Seeing as I bought that in 2005, that is my game of 2005.

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Since I haven't followed what has happened at the PS2 side, I'll say my piece just about PC games. Truth to tell, there wasn't too many of them worth even mentioning. A number of frag'em'ups and hack'n'slashes like Fable and Doom 3, but not much else. Civ 4, at least, was a nice try but not exactly superior in any area. At the moment, I can think only of Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and Space Rangers 2, both of which are sequels and pretty good. Not classic, but decend enough for a bit longer playing. Both have their faults, but they're probably the best what PC-game markets had to offer.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

God of War. KotOR2 should've made it a close call but since it was so damn buggy and they scrapped so much good stuff, it was taken ou of the running.

15. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

F.E.A.R. or COD 2....bf2 would be an option if it wasn't so laggy

16. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I only bought one game in 2005: Stronghold II (I think), which turned out to be a bit of a let-down. But I received four games for Christmas: Age of Empires III, Dungeon Siege II, Age of Mythology Gold Edition (which is not a new game), and Vampire: Bloodlines. So far Vampire is the best of the lot - it's seems very good. So, Vampire would be my pick for 2005; although I will have to try FEAR at some point later, since it seems to be highly rated here.

17. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Silent Storm Sentinels - just shading Chaos League.

18. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Half Life 2, without a doubt is the best game of the year for me.
    Although I have't played alot of the games mentioned above.

19. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Chandos, you should try out F.E.A.R. It has a great atmosphere that just, imho, sucks you in.

20. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I like HL2 also, but it is not as good as the original game, despite the flashy graphics (it came out in 2004, btw). Steam has been a real problem on my system as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.