1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Friendly Arms Inn - SP style

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Nakia, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A day in the life of Sorcerers Place's Friendly Arm Inn

The setting is the FAI from BG I but a little magic has been used to modernize it.

It has been one of those glorious perfect fall days and Nakia is happily wending her way up to the Friendly Arm Inn. Suddenly a wind arises sweeping through the trees an chasing a few leaves that have started to turn. The sky is clouding over and she can smell rain in the air. She quickens her step hoping to find warm and friendly shelter before the storm hits.

As she passes the guards at the gate the first rain drops fall. The guards move back into the shelter of the guardhouse as they give a wave to the well known rogue. Smiling they yell, "Remember no stealing from the patrons." She waves back and dashes up the steps to the entrance. Slipping through she looks into the large main room of the Inn. At the back is a huge fireplace with a crackling fire. The ever watchful Mystra sees her despite her stealthy entrance and yells, "Rogue on board." A few heads turn toward the door and Takara stops chasing one of the serving maids and gives her a friendly wave.

Beren raises his head from his torts long enough to wave and then back to work he goes. Kitrax is still rubbing the day's sleep from his eyes as he prepares to go off to work and Sorvo just grabs another beer and waves it in Nak's direction. She sees Dalveen off in a force bubble of some kind and knows he is playing with his integrons. She is quite happy that he put up a force field around the nasty things.

The room is so large that there is plenty of room for people to spread out and do whatever they want to do. She wanders on down the room to the fire place and sees Felinoid dozing in his favorite chair. Giving a gentle pat to the feline she climbs up into one of the large comfy chairs, waves to a serving girl and orders her favorite honey mead and cakes. It is nice to just relax and enjoy the comfort of coming to her home away from home.

She is half dozing herself when she hears Taza and Ragusa 'discussing' something rather loudly. Ragusa is sitting straight and solemn while Taza pounds on the table. Mystra looks sternly at them and they quiet down.

Suddenly a wind gusts through the room as the door is pushed wide and Ken enters loaded down with various computer equipment. He waves to everyone and then goes about setting up his equipment. "Programming is my life at least when I'm not beating something."

She is just dozing off when a spoon hits her head and she jerks awake. "Hey you can't say hello to an old friend?" She looks up to see CJ peering down at her. "Sorry, CJ, had a long walk today and I'm a bit out of it. Me thinks age is catching up with me."

Nakia smiles. Yes, it is just another day in the FAI.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

First installment. If anyone is offended I apologize and will change it if requested. But it is written with love and not malice.

If any regular members of FAI or for that matter irregular members wishe to post their day please do so. I would love to see other's points of view.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh, Nakia, this is just so... :love:

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Someone wrote a story along the lines of this once upon a time. Forgot who it was, though.

Nice stuff. But where am I? :o

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    DM, Takara wrote a couple of things but not quite the same more adventure type.

Do not worry, Deathmage, I have you on my list. :evil:

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If you do a search in this forum for the word thong in the title of the thread you can read the whole saga of the thong that Hacken Slash wrote a few years back. IIRC, it was pretty funny at the time.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nice one.

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    That's the one! I particularly enjoyed the side reference to the "Arrr!" stuff. :D

Speaking of SP-branded thongs, who SERIOUSLY has one of those? :p

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Why am I always associated with sleep? :p I don’t sleep *that* much…unless you think 10+ hours is too long. :sleep:

Actually, the line about me should read, "Kitrax was preparing to head off to bed for the day so he could be ready for his nightly activities... :p:rolling:

9. Nakia

Media:
    Kit, Nakia walked all DAY to get to the FAI so it is evening. Guess I didn't make that clear. Actually it probably is too early for you to be heading off to work. Good, this gives you time to chat a little before you have to leave. :)

The sleep bit? Well it does seem to me that I meet you shortly before you haead off to bed. We just don't seem to get our clocks set right.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have some SP branded boxer shorts. Do they count?

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I like where this is going to be honest :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.