1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The final showdown

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by BogiTheWaverer, Mar 15, 2001.

1. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Can anybody give me some tactical hints for the final battle against sarevok in the undercity. He swept me away like bunch of roaches.

2. Seric Exz Guest

The *easiest* way to do it would of course be to trigger his minions one by one first, so you get the man himself alone... (I'm just not a honorable kind of guy...)

When Sarevok is alone, I have archers & spellcasters at a distance, and a guy with boots of speed running around him in circles, keeping him busy. As long as you can keep him chasing the "running man", he'l go down eventually.

Alternatively, you could always summon enough monsters to keep him busy while you hack him to pieces.

[This message has been edited by Seric Exz (edited March 15, 2001).]

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

There are also other less honourable ways - such as using ranged spells from out of sight (like Fireball) to soften them up first. However, if you want to fight fair (more satisfying) make sure you make the most of all of you potions, wands, scrolls, defensive spells, magic weapons, etc. This will give you a better chance - after all it is a very tough fight and you'd be dissapointed if Saverok was a push over.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Oh you can save life and try and just draw him out alone and leave his minions. i do this by going up the left.

5. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

First I shot the wizard. Then I held up Sarevok with monsters while I killed Angelo and Tazok. Then hit Sarevok with everything you have.

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I found it was sometimes possible to hit Sarevok then run away before he could hit back - weapon speed factor might be important here but I did it with a warhammer. This was after drawing him out alone like Sniper suggests

7. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] thanks!
    i finaly made it in a combination of your hints but there's a new "problem": the tosc extension tells me if i start the final save i am beamed automatically to ulgoth's beard but if i load it i am still where it was saved.... :(

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yea, that never worked. For no one. You have to go back up from the Undercellar if you want to have the most XP just before you beat Sarevok, or load a savegame from even sooner than that and go to Ulgoth's Beard yourself.

9. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31

A cheap way to get rid of Sarevok himself (how you deal with the others isn't affected by this) is to cast Dispel Magic on him. For one reason or the other he'll become much weaker afterwards, to such an extent that even Xan'll be able to take him down in melee.

Other then that, make sure you take out Angelo cito presto, since he's the only one that can decimate your party in the blink of an eye. Have Dispel Magic and Magic Missile at handy to get rid of his Shield+Mirror Image combo.

10. Seric Exz Guest

[​IMG] *Trying very hard to picture Xan engaging Sarevok in hand-to-hand combat*

"...I don't suppose you abysmal brute over there could refrain from impaling me on your sword for two seconds, so that I might make a futile attempt to smack you upside the cranium with this sorry excuse for a moonblade...? Not that there's any point, of course - we're all bound to be slaughtered by something nasty sooner rather than later anyway..." (And so on)

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Thats a good one! LOL

12. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31

Well believe it or not, but it's possible (although a Mirror Image could be handy to avoid pesky Critical Hits)! Once he's dispelled, Sarevok's weaker then a newborn kitty.

13. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

That must be why I managed to kill him, I use dispel to try and get rid of his friends' protections. He was still quite hard (relative to me because I am pants - and not the steel-reinforced dwarven kind either)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.