1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

"The Final Battle"

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I had to try the final battle like 15 times. I thought it was nearly impossible to kill Serevok ( I actually killed every one in the room before Serevok). Tell me if you had similar difficulties. :p

I used my wizards charm person spell and finally(after numerous attemps) and charmed that confound wizard,then I used him to help me fight and prevented him from casting spells at me.

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well there is of course the always succesfull summoning strategy.

Once though I managed to kill him (when I killed the rest) without summons and just hand to hand. Of course that was with my overpowerfull self created party of six 'battletanks'

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    well i just use a lot of fireballs, both in potions and spells and a lot of monster summonings.. easy as bhaalson pie

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

well, if you've got a paladin, have him cast Protection from Evil on someone until their AC is astrnomical (like -25). You could also haste your thief and keep backstabbing him.

5. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

That's a good idea... I actually casted this on me and entered in hand-in-hand duel with Sarevok... At the end he was dead... I even tried to fight him without any help of my other characters... I had my main Paladin and I beat him fair and square... :)

6. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You call -25 AC fair and square :D ?
    btw i thought protection from evil didn't stack.

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I used a technique mentioned earlier -- the Summoning trick! I summoned up a whackload of EVERYTHING and just threw them at every enemy in the room. That's one thing I loved about BG -- unlimited summoning. I had all these monsters and skeletons logjamming everything, and I had my buddy Coran shoot Sarevok down. One nice thing about this fight is that once Sarevok is down, you no longer need to worry about the rest of his cronies.

8. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I beat him in the end with my solo fighter/mage by casting magic missile spells at him from a distance and just running away every time he got close to me. Took every magic missile spell I had to kill him but he died in the end.

9. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

It isn't supposed to, but a buf in BG allows it to do it. Kinda cheesy to use it ;)

10. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I dint think that the fight was extremely hard. I used protection from evil on my main fighter, and then just went in and hacked at him with my axe.

11. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

To dshadow... what the hell? magic can't even begin to touch Sarevok, and he's got 150HP. So even if you were a level 10 mage (which is being liberal) you'd only have 5 MM, 5x5x5 (5spells, 5 missiles at 5 dmg) is only 125 dmg. Sarevok has 150.

I think someone's exaggerating a wee bit :)
    (or else you need to remember real good!)

To Djizzu G'izmo... I don't think it's a bug, I think it says in the spell description that they are cumulitave. They just change it in BG2?

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sarevok is practically immune to magic because of his armour, so forget that anyway.

13. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31

Veteran

:hmm: Well, sorta... :bigeyes:

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Use fire - it's effective against him. also keep out of sight and use potions of explosion, his lackeys just stand there wondering why there are exlposions.

15. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Isn't Sarevok wearing armour that gives him 90% resistance to fire, acid and electricity? I'm sure I read that somewhere. And I've noticed that if you hit him with a fireball you cause about 2-3 points of damage on average.

16. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

My warrior (19 str, con, dex and cha, ac -12) got him in fair fight. She had potions of speed, storm giant strength and magical resistance - that must have been a terrible hangover next morning)

17. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The fight before this one is tougher IMO, with the opponents shooting arrows of detonation! If you "play the game" and wait for dialogue, it is very hard.
    Against Sarevok, a wand of monster summoning (2 times) would delay him, a tank would stand up to him, protecting your PC, replaced if needed after being hacked by Sarevok.
    Your archers (Coran, Imoen, PC) sould kill him easily with special arrows (+4).
    I think the trick is send your Cleric (Viconia in my case)dispell magic before dialogue (which ain't cheesy, as you can hear them), and make her bring back Sarevok. Chances are the other creeps won't follow.
    My main fighter (Shar Teel) died in the process though. Who cares? This tool wasn't useful anymore.

18. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Who cares about Shar Teel, she is useless... After all, I have Tomas Kain (me after all) and Khalid, who could smack his nose for good...

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    That was over two years ago, but I still remember that battle - my summonning record till this day. He literally couldn't move and was accepting arrows in the butt nicely ;)

20. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Oh, yes, I forgot to mention, I also used the summoning technique. It can work wonders to have hundreds of monsters in front of you who are on your side!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.