1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Fat Egg

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by the god, Feb 22, 2002.

1. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

2. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yeah, I knew him. He was a tax collector in Austin, Texas. Now he works as an evolutionary geneticist biologist in London.

3. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] is this true? :hmm: doesn't sound particularly plausible to me! tax collecting to biology? who would've thunk it!

this is not just resurrecting an old topic, i seriously want to know who this guy is (going to need some 'old timer's' help on this one) and why everyone thought The Fat Egg was such a loser :mommy: that they didn't bother to reply to the majority of his posts.

[This message has been edited by the god (edited February 22, 2002).]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, we replied to a lot of his posts when he was still around. He did a lot of posting, some of it pretty pointless, but ok in general. But he's been gone for some time now.

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] As Tal said, he posted a LOT, much of it pointless. I remember the first weekend he was on SP he posted around 250 messages. I remember thinking "does this guy have a life?" In time I learned the answer was no.

In all not a bad guy overall but a little odd, and sometime really a pain.

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I miss him ... he was funny.

I miss SLAPPY even more though!

And this thread makes me wonder what you all will be saying about me when I *finally* get a life ;)

7. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] thanks for the help guys! :happy: unfortunately, you've now piqued my interest over 'slappy'. :roll:

8. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I know Slappy, he's a floating skull. Not Murray though.

9. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] stop :mad: claiming you know everybody CL. :rolleyes:

probably going to regret this... *who* is murray? :evil:

10. He is the best char. in the Monkey Island series. He is a skull that talks and claims to be incredibly evil, but is mocked by the fact that he's only a skull.

Before SP I was a MI buff on some different boards...

11. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] sounds very pratchett. thanks for the info! :heh:

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

I thought slappy's avatar was from Planescape: Torment. I forget his name now though ...

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Morte from Planescape: Torment. What did happen to Slappy anyway?

14. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] I also miss Slappy. He was a damn funny guy. HIs posts were always good for a smile.

15. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The Fat Egg kind'a reminds me of me awile back and now. Scary. I get on the boards once a day just because I have nothing else to do. But I guess thats ok. I've got to cut down on my time here.

16. Slappy Gems: 19/31

Damn this cursed avatar summoning spell. There I was surrounded by lovely and 'accomadating' young 'ladies' on a warm tropical island and some blasted Sorcerer has to mention my Morte Avatar. So flash of magic and here I am.

Actually I blame Zorac who emailed me with the link. I'm playing an online D&D game with him and some others from Sorcerers so I still post on the Roleplay corner forum.

As to not posting here, there are a few factors. One the boards never seem to be running ;) , secondly there's only so many posts you can make about BG2 (unless your name is Ragusa or Extremist) and finally, I've just been far too miserable for the last 4 months and hate to spread doom and gloom around via the forums.

I've also been playing a lot of Operation Flashpoint and have had my first misison hosted :)
    http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/Command_HQ/mission_detail.asp?id=131

Still, I'm also slowly working my way through a complete BG (plus all the add-ons) and keeping a journal so will maybe send that to Tal. The nowhere near up-to-date journal is here:
    http://www.maturegamer.net/DownloadExtras/SlappJournal/Slapburd.html

Ah yes there was also the big distraction of trying to launch my own site, but that died from lack of interest :(

PS for those who were asking who I am, my official (well not really official) Sorcerers title 'the linkmaster' can you guess why.

17. Slappy, I haven't seen you in aeons. Why, I was just a fledgling watcher when I last saw you!

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Slappy .. you're welcome! :grin:

I missed your bald self. It would be nice to have your sense of humor back here. Check out what you've been missing ... (SP: The Movie)

19. Turambar Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Slappy my man where have you been.....:D

You better have a damn good reason for beeing away for so long

[This message has been edited by Turambar (edited February 23, 2002).]

20. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I like the fat egg ... I use the present tense now because i still stay in contact with him ...

Back when he was 'active' on the boards, he was looked up to pretty much ...

Yeah we're pretty good net pals ...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.