1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Fallen Deva

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Trias, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Trias Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Do you think that Trias(even the weakest version) is a bit overpowered for being a "simple" Deva?

2. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Hell no! He's to weak for a Deva, but the game crashed each time when he used one of his spells, so I had to kill him verry quickly! Well so maybe he has tomuch magical powers... bur he fights like a baby :)

3. Trias Gems: 3/31

Actually i never fought him in a melee combat,i prefered a mage duel with TNO...
    However,have you ever fought him when he's at his max power?He's a kicka**!!

[This message has been edited by Trias (edited April 25, 2002).]

4. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Once he managed to cast a spell that made him immune to my attacks and spells. Had to run around with him after me until the thing wore out. *sigh*

5. Trias Gems: 3/31

I think you're talking about Guardian Mantle,feh!I'm not the only who had problems with it then...btw do you get it somewhere?

6. He is really easy.

Just get one person (preferably NO) in melee with him, with others killing his friends. Pushover.

edit: Can't spell!

[This message has been edited by Sir Yerril of Morningmist (edited April 25, 2002).]

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Yeah, if my computer wasn't crashing, it wasn't that hard! I believe he killed one of my party members with a spell but I was doing a great job, and killed him :)

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

1. Cloudkill - all animals are dead.

2. Taunt Trias - while he's chasing Morte (without casting spells, of course) you just smash him hard.

I don't see what's problematic there.

Guardian Mantle can be obtained only if Hermit gives it to you. Since you ask for it's location, it is obvious you haven't received it - the Hermit gives it when you meet him in front of the door to Trias' base.

9. Trias Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Planetars and solars are supposed to be much stronger than devas(iirc the hierarchy of Upper Planes...),in my opinion he was a bit overpowered,that's all...

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

I still don't see how is Trias overpowered.

I've managed to kill him faster than Ravel.

11. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Yeah Ravel was a pain in the ass, I've been killed by her for 3 times :( so then I had to load my game again, and geo through tje wonderfull dialog. Just to get killed again, and when you finnaly kill her, than.. well I'm not gonna spoil it...

12. Trias Gems: 3/31

Ravel? I found her very weak...strange...

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Strange indeed as I think of it, Ravel was the ONLY enemy that was really hard to kill, okay and that demon from the box, and that "thing" in curs gone... and a black abi, as you just start the game, I should have klistened to Morte :0)!

14. Trias Gems: 3/31

Abishais aren't that strong,just be sure to have the enchanted dagger you find in the Mausoleum and use Litany of Curses,if it fails run like you were chased by an horde of Tarrasque...
    You're right about Moridor,he could even slay TTO with ease...

[This message has been edited by Trias (edited April 26, 2002).]

15. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Guardian Mantle? No! That's a crappy spell, Trias and Transcendent One cast it in the beginning of the fights, and they wouldn't stop a bug biting them. (I've never received the spell from that silly hermit though, he simply tells me how to beat Trias and offers healing.) I'm talking about Trias first casting all his spells, and when they run out, he cast his final spell... It was a yellow sphere around him if I remember it right. Anyway, after that he couldn't be hurt in close combat nor with spells while it was in effect. People just kept screaming their weapons didn't work on him.

16. Trias Gems: 3/31

If it isn't Guardian Mantle then i don't know...the only yellow sphere i remember is the antimagic shell,but i doubt that is the one you're talking about...:confused:

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31

I've lost all my savedgames... NOOOOO!!! :wail: *shrug* :mad:

If someone would be so kind to zip and mail me the saved game anywhere BEFORE going to Transcendent One, please, pretty please, I'll very much appreciate it. I really need it to try to fix that nasty bug with Ice Knife. Just don't mail me the beginning in the Mortuary...lol!

Anyway, I don't remember the looks of Guardian Mantle but it deflects all physical attacks for 50 seconds + 5 seconds per level of the caster and in order to hit the protected creature, attacker must make a successful saving throw vs. spell at -4 penalty.

Because Guardian Mantle cancels all other protections including protections from spells, it's impossible you saw it there Volar - your spells would work then! Unless Transcedent One wasn't resistant to your spells or threw a save.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 26, 2002).]

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I know Abishais arn't that strong but I just came out of the Mortuerie with only that arm as a weapon I started to talk and then he attacked me by suprise! That was the first time I died :(.

I don't know about spell I didn't really use them, only FFG's healing things and a few others (Ignus fire spells and lightning). so cant help you guys with that.

aboud savegames I got one in the room with your mortality before you see him. and one right before you go the Ravel (You have the portal and key :))

19. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Great! Zip and mail me that one before Ravel, please.
    Ice Knife spell can be obtained there already. ;)

20. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ex, I have several saved games right before The Transcendent One

1. On the Roof of the Fortress
    2. In the room with Incarnations
    3. Entering the Portal to the Crystal room
    4. In the Crystal Room
    5. Entering the Fortress of Regrets.

Do you want me to send them or do you have enough already?

As far as Trias' fight goes, I didn't find it hard at all. Morte took care of him in melee while The Nameless One casted plenty of spells. Not to mention the wondrous uses of "Balance in all things." Not hard at all.

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited April 27, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.