1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The epic search...

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Aikanaro, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It was yesterday, and I was bumming around the shopping centre. Then, I had a sudden dash of inperation, I was going to find the book that I am convinced doesn't exist in mortal bookstores. (Amazon counts as immortal, as does all online bookstores.)
    So I left where I was standing and headed for Myers book section, and, it did not have it.
    Then, I went to another rather small and lame bookstore, and they did not have it either. After this perilous journy I went after the best bookstore in the shopping centre. How many minutes I searched I cannot say, but then, I saw the correct section, and my heart was filled with hope, but the closest thing I found to it was the players handbook of scrabble.
    I gave up dejectedly, and wandered off to do some other boring thing or another.
    The point of my long-winded story is, bookstores suck, they never have what you want or may never even have heard of what you want. I can't wait to get a credit card
    (Does this belong here? Just wondering)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sure, it's fitting... It's the same thing here, even if they do have the books I want, it's usually party 2 of a trilogy and similar. Of course, you'll find all books for the more mainstream fantasy like Jordan, but anything FR, DL, 3e manuals etc is out of the question.

That's why I do all my fantasy books shopping through Amazon... If it exists, Amazon will have it.

3. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I totally agree that 'normal' bookstore will have a sad selection of gaming related books or none at all. I also feel that ordering online is the way to go, but one other option is the hobby/comic shop. That is where I bought all my gaming stuff when I was in highschool and places like Amazon didn't exist, or did the internet. A scary thought isn't that. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.