1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The coolest Baldur's Gate (or TotSC) enemy

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Baronius, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Sarevok, Karoug, Semaj, Tazok, Angelo :D , Aec'Letec, etc. I suppose individuals will be the winners, but if you think the Xvart is coolest then feel free to post it.
    The topic is so wide that creating a poll would have been unnecessary and practically useless.
    Aspects: graphics, dialogs (style, voice etc.), maybe the behaviour in battle, and anything you liked in the creature, anything which made it cool.

One of my favourites is the Death Knight in Durlag's Tower. His power is really great (unlike Semaj's for example). Looks good, and its voice is not bad either.

2. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I think that the Doomsayer is kinda cool. He acts like a "sayer of dooms" and has great appearance too :D

3. TheAngulion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sarevok is the coolest for me. The ultimate villain. It left a massive impression on me to see him slaying Gorion right in the beginning + cool voice and graphics.

Closely followed by the wolfweres on the northern part of the werewolf island. The entire atmosphere of exploring & fighting your way up to the shipwreck and then Karoug was very dense, scary and just excellent.

4. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Definitely Sarevok, although the Demon Knight would be a close second.

And I've always had a soft spot for Gretek and the Maulers of the Underdark, as well as the final band of mercenaries you fight outside the Cloakwood Mines: Drasus, Karsus and the other two.

5. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Two words:

Rabid. Chickens.

6. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Schlumpsha the Sewer King and his minions.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  8. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Oompah or whatever the exploding ogre is called, you just have to live him :)

9. Aces Gems: 19/31

Aec'Letec is the hardest creature I've fought in BG1 or BG2 but I haven't started TOB yet.

Must have been 10 reloads before he bit the dust...

He kept turning my guys into zombies or something. :(

[ March 01, 2004, 04:48: Message edited by: Aces ]

10. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ok im sorry that I cannot think of the name of the guy who does it, but my favorite is that guy in Nashkell who comes out when you click on his gravestone, and he attacks you after you click his grave 2 or 3 times, and then the pheonix guards come out, they are awesome because they respawn after you kill them, and they cause a fireball around them when they die.

11. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The Assassin couple in Baldur's Gate. I always found them fun (if a little hard to kill the first time around). For a good fight though I'd have to say Sarevok, or that group of 6 at the top of the Iron Throne. All sorts of fun people in BG1!

12. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

That friendly ghoul in the basilik teritory! Me your friend, helps killing basiliks and then turns on you so you gain even more XP's :)

13. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Sarevok for sure. His voice and avatar rock. He's the ultimate villain. I love him! :D

14. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] im not entierly sure what my favourite enemy is, but i sure do like those berserk chickens you get with that cheat!!!

i reckon sarevoke is kool, but ogres are pretty mad 2, i also like......

15. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Hey, first post, welcome to the boards Lantus :D

As for the coolest enemy... I like that OgreMage in the sewers.
    And Bassilus is pretty cool to :)

16. cadderly Gems: 5/31

guess noone else likes the pheonix guards :(

17. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

If they´d be worth alot more XP, say add a 0 to it, then it would be worth standing there. Klicking the grave over and over.

18. Fireblazer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

the phoenix guards :D

19. david w Gems: 19/31

I always find the phoenix guards a pain. And for a crummy 100 XP each they're just not worth it.

20. cadderly Gems: 5/31

yah but im not basing my opinion on the exp you get from them, im basing it on the fact that they just keep coming, and they are living bombs, kill one and BAM! fireball, good way to go evil and kill all the guards in the area :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.