1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The completely unofficial "The Order Of the Stick"-thread (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Lunne89, Apr 24, 2007.

1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Strange, I'm somewhat ambivalent on the recent story arc... the party being separated into several group is cutting down any interactions, and that was the part I liked most. Anyway, you're right, the delays are unpleasant, but they're still bearable. Order of the Stick is no The Longest Wait, thankfully (now that was an aptly-named comic, I can tell you that)

2. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well, and the delays are understandable given that there's something going on with Burlew's health. I can have the patience of 1000 years for soemthing like that.
    No, I'm having a problem reading OoTS because, for a while there, something bad was almost constantly happening. It kind of culminated with everyone splitting up, but I'm still a little gun shy, so to speak. I keep waiting for *anything* to resolve...

3. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Huh, it looks like Tsukiko took a level or two since she started working for Xykon, or at least she's getting serious this time. However, I think the current strip doesn't quite work out: Haley should have dodged that one. As a mystic theurge, T probably blows as far as BAB is concerned - and a touch/ranged touch spell needs to actually touch the target. On the other hand, as a high-level rogue, Haley probably not only has a good touch AC due to her dexterity, but also has uncanny dodge, so she shouldn't lose her dex-to-AC bonus when attacked by an invisible opponent.

Apart from that, the punchlines were good, and that part about taking a level in ranger to get Favored Enemy (airborne tramp) was priceless :D . Haley is the girl...

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  4. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    He has got to tie up plotlines soon, or we get the Wheel of Time effect.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

As Tsukiko said, Haley was able to use her improved evasion ability to avoid all damage from the area effect spells, so her only real option was to go to some ranged attack spells. Those at least gave her a chance to damage Haley. But you're right in that with her improved uncanny dodge ability Tsukiko would have to pretty lucky / dextrous to hit Haley with those Orb spells.

On another note, GO BELKAR! He always kills me with his twisted logic and utter amorality.

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

New reader!

Just thought I'd pop in here for a sec to say I've just started to read this strip this morning thanks to you guys, read the first few posts and was intrigued, thoroughly enjoying it and trying very hard not to read many more posts about it here... :smash: I'm only up to #123 so far after all...

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Those first steps in the dungeon. 123 lets take a look. Oh, that one.

8. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

So many :lol: :rolling: (etc) moments so far, definitely gonna stick with it

9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

You should, let's leave it at that.

BTW, does anyone know what happened with Rich Burlew's proposal for a campaign setting? The one that ended second to what would become Eberron? I wonder if he has, or might regain, the rights to it at some point.

10. Merlanni

Media:
    At a few moments in history I was about to start a put all the halflings on a diet campaign, as part for my bid of global power. But Belkar let me see otherwise. There is hope for the halflings to escape the stereotype that they as a race have become. You have got to love him.

11. Lord Domino Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hehe, this comic is indeed fantastic. I think all the strips make me laugh at least inside, but the most recent one that really made me "lol" has to be no. 514: "Don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights." :D

12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The comic seems to have got some punch again with Haley and Belkar's side of things. After the drawn-out Afterlife strips and the rather uninspired bits on Hinjo's boat I was starting to get worried. Belkar's character is just great - strips with him are just that much funnier. Some of Haley's punchlines are great as well - the one about Wes Craven had me laugh out loud. The comic seems to be heading for another high!

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Ha! The latest one was brilliant. Good to see OotS still has something left in it!

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

THE BELKSTER!!!!!! :shake:

15. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2008
  16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

LMAO! I was about to post the exact same line!!

17. Merlanni

Media:
    Can the OOtS do whitout Roy? Man, what did he deserve that.

The plotline of Haley, Elan and the ninja is one that I really want to see.

18. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I think it will at some point involve Haley's best-ever line.

"Sneak Attack, *****!"

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  19. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    This is the best strip in months. Belkar rules :lol:

20. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Heh, got to love the cat.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.