1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Bourne Supremecy

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dman18, Jul 13, 2004.

1. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] For me, the sequel to The Bourne Identity is coming to theaters July 23 and since my family just watched the first one together tonight, we are itching to see the new one and I want to know what you have heard, you predictions, and your thoughts on this one and the orginal that I think was a very good movie.

2. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I really enjoyed the books, and despite the fact that they changed everything for the movies it's still been alright. I really enjoyed the first movie. I can't wait to see the second.

3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I never understood why they called the movie "The Bourne Identity". As I remember from the books, a rogue killer takes Bourne's identity and uses it to kill under his name. That's why it's called the Bourne Identity. Where did they get THAT movie plot? I guess it doesn't matter though, as it still rocked.

4. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Just saw the Bourne Supremacy today, and I loved it. Some of the camera work was ridiculous during what would otherwise have been a fantastic fight sequence, and later during a car chase scene that was, despite the camera, pretty impressive. I heartily enjoyed the movie, and I recommend it to anyone who's seen the Bourne Identity.

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I saw Bourne Supremacy yesterday and I enjoyed it but I certainly agree with Jhonka about the camera work in those two scenes. Quite frankly, I think that whoever decided that it was a good idea to attempt to convey the speed and chaotic nature of the action by selecting bad angles and using blurry/out of focus shots should seriously have his/her head examined. All I could think of during these sequences was how astonishingly bad they looked.

6. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Personally I think you should just go with the books. They're nice and long and a damn sight more interesting.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Mystra's chosen, that's actually the idea of Bourne Supremacy. The Identity, was all about the guy who first prretended to be Jason Bourne losing his memory and thinking he was Bourne.... it's pretty darn good. I've read all three Bourne novels, and even if they gutted the first one so that there was barely any resemblance to the original (If you can, watch the old mini series with Richard Chamberlain... that rocks) it was still an enjoyable film.

Can't wait how many times I scream at Supremacy... "Nooo! It wasn't like that, you nitwitted nitwit!"

8. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I've seen the ads, and I don't know if I want to go and see the Bourne Supremacy. I remember reading the words China, Hong Kong and Carlos in that book. I didn't see any of that in the ad.

There was an ancient movie make of the Bourne Identity which did a much better make to the book, but it was rather boring. I liked the Bourne Identity ala Mat Damon, but I'm still miffed that they didn't stick to the book. Looks the same with the next one.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.