1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The best weapon in the game?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Dragu&Barud, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] We know it`s an axe,great axe which makes 2D12+5 and additional 1d6 fire damage but where it is located?!Damn!We can`t find it!!!

2. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, it could be a random drop, in which case it could show up anywhere (although judging from those stats, it's probably late in the game). I've played through the game twice, close to three times now, and I can't recall ever having seen such an axe. Maybe in HoF mode?

3. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

An axe as the best weapon? Well its up to you, i guess, but i would go for the Light of Cera Sumat. The Holy avenger, it kicks demon butt! :D

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Daniel san, the best weapon ever is yourself - Mr. Miyagi

Well i made that one out up. But you get my point.

5. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

hehe tee

well the best weapon is the massive greataxe of flaming +5 and it is a random drop in HoF. i think random drops are based on your char lvl. try to play HoF with a lvl-20 party.

no, the HoF version of the holy avenger is a toothpick compared to this weapon. maybe not if you install weimer's holy avenger mod which morphs it into a 2handed greatsword. but still, considering pure damage, MGAoF+5 is best.

6. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

The best weapons in the game? My sorcerers hands, tounge and mind. :evil:

7. dshadow Gems: 8/31

The Bastard Sword of Heroism is a pretty nifty sword which inflicts 4 times normal damage. And Blood Wroth is handy with its strength and constitution bonuses.

8. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

I wish you could find the other parts of that set that goes with Boody Wroth, but you cant. ive looked all through Dale Keeper, but to no avail. That would be a truly unstoppable fighter.

9. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Its really just a matter of preferance...but i keep restarting the game and haven't gotten past the ice temple.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I can't recall the name of that sword, but the 2H one you find on Sherincal is quite useful. Some very heavy bonus against humans, greater range and greater strength bonus added because of its being 2H... The toughest of barbarians require three blows, most other humans take one or two. What else do you really need?

11. teekc Gems: 23/31

remind me of something,
    This is my quote, i have been using this to answer a lot of similiar question among my friends. Yeah, it's pretty much like the Mr. Miyagi one.

there is no best sword in the world, only best swordman

12. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

Chev, that sword is called Winged Blight. Not sure what the HoF version is called, though.

Teekc, thats a good quote, but what about magical swords? Some are better than others.

13. teekc Gems: 23/31

You face different kind of enemies in the game. Would you draw your blessed 10d10 two hand sword to fight an ice golem? Besides that, some swords offer you this magical properties, some swords offer that. None of them is really better than the other. It is up to us to determine which sword to use facing what kind of enemy.

A bit irrelevant,
    There is a Chinese movie that were among the nominated best foreign films in recent Acedemy awards called "Hero". Near the end of the movie it says,
    "The first achievement of swordmenship is unity of man and sword. Man is sword and sword is man, even a blade of grass is a weapon.
    Second achievement is no sword in hand, but sword in heart. Without sword in hand, using sword "chi" is enough to kill enemy at 100 paces away.
    The ultimate achievement is no sword in hand, no sword in heart. A big heart to accommodates all and vows not to kill."
    (i like this movie so much)

14. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

Sounds like a good movie; could you get the name for me?

15. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

i think the film is "hero" starring jet li, isn't it ? it is about a chinese emperor who wants to conquer and rule all provinces the land is departed in.

16. Anofalye Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

*giggles*

Yup yup, yourself...but on weapons topics you should consider the following for pure raw damage:

- X3 damage on critical
    - 2h for the more strenght bonus
    - of course the pure damage of the weapon including all the +, each d6 of an element is worth more then a +1 and less then a +2 IMHO.
    - Keen and other nice stuff to be considered, but I see Keen on weapons that lack only so far. A Keen GreatAxe + 5 would be all you would need! :p

The sword of Sherincal is very insanely uber at the early stage, but a raw +4 halberd would be better(the extra damage is human oriented only, but even against humans +3 is similar to +2D6(which would be 7 damage average, no to hit bonus on none of your attacks...you could use power attack 3 and have same to hit but having +6 instead of 2d6 is very similar, yet, against all and you choose when to turn it hard to hit or not)...much much later. :p

17. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31

Keen greataxe of flaming ice. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.