1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The best class!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Bloodaxe, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Elvadrielad Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] T'would be a fine day for all of us if you could be a Sorceror/Monk. T'would be a fine day indeed.

P.S. Someone should make a patch that does just that. Any programmers around?

P.P.S. Who aggrees with me that either Multi or Dual Sorceror/Monk would be the best class?

2. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Inquisitors rock! Too bad you can't have a gnomish Inquisitor!

3. gprthomas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I think that a sorcerer/Monk would be the best character Great Strength with a great mind. Monks can find traps and can do great amounts of damage. As Monks can't wear armour changing between spells and melee would be easy!!

(Sorcerers and Monks are my fav classes)

4. Ladonna Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

do you guys have any ideas about what items a soloing mage should have?

5. Talwin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

boots of speed, Sling of everard, robe of vecna, amulet of power, staff of magi, cloak of spell deflection, ring of gaxx. the mask of strohelm or whatever the third, bracers of ac3 are all items my mage had by the end of the game, To start out you -have- to find some boots of speed they're paramount to a mages survival (perma haste walking speed) and any of the slings you can find with a good quarterstaff. Upgrade when you can and always have your spellbuffs handy for large fights. Later on you can run around things slinging stuff at em whilst they lag behind =)

6. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The mage doesn't need to have too mutch magic items to be unique. His/Her magic makes it very powerful. But when searching for a good combination of equipment I recommend the following:

Staff of the Magi; Robe of Vecna; Ring of Gaxx; Ring of protection +2; Cloak of mirroring; Amulet of power. With this equipment you don't even need a party to finish BG2 SoA and the expansion, cause you will be so overpowered.

7. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

easiest to finish game with:
    fighter/mage
    fighter/thief
    inquisitor

8. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The Undead Hunter also makes things quite easy. Between all the wraiths and vampires, his immunity to level drain became a veritable life saver.

9. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Try a Kensai/Thief, dualed around level 18-20.
    I'd explain more but Tal and Darien scare me. Read at your own risk in the ToB forum. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.