1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Back of the SP Milk Carton

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Death Rabbit, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It just occurred to me - as I was reading through the "favorite posters" thread - that quite a few of my favorite posters (mostly the old-schoolers) have been MIA for quite some time. Just off the top of my head, some of them are:

• Extremist
    • Slappy
    • Sir Yerril
    • ArtEChoke (he's pretty sporatic, though)
    • Sorvo
    • Earl Grey
    There are more, and I'm sure I'll add some more later.

But anyway - as the milk carton captions read: "Have you seen them?"

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sorvo can be found at FAI. Thought I saw Extremist, ArtEchoke and Earl Grey around but can't remember were. Maybe it was one of my midnight halucinations.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Extremist has been gone for about 2 years now, so it's probably safe to say that he won't be back. I never found out what happened to him to cause his disappearance. A real shame, he was a huge asset to the community.

Slappy pops in a couple of times a year for a post or two.

Yerril I haven't noticed in some time.

ArtEChoke's been missing for a while.

Sorvo's a fixture in the chatroom.

Earl Grey popped in for a post or two a few weeks ago.

Anyway, if you click your way to the directory and to the profile of the people in question, and look for the "View Recent Posts" link, you can see when and where everyone's posted last.

[ September 16, 2005, 22:34: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I knew about the "view recent posts" thing, but I was kind of hoping this would be more of a "rumor has it" or "I PM'd so-and-so a few months ago, and they're on the moon" kind of thread.

Also - I hope maybe its presence will entice some of our long-losters to start posting again. Maybe they'll come by and notice their presence is missed.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't see Mathetais and Marnix/Headbanger as often as I would like to. Marnix is a moderator at a Dutch, Christian forum.

Both of them ought to spread the gospel among you heathens at SP. ;) :p

6. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Master!! :wave: Chee! :shake:

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Spellovelylady! Where have YOU been?! :p

8. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Around and about! Really busy this semester, so I haven't been posting much (not that anyone could ever call me much of a spammer :lol: ) Good to see you!!

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Two people who's posts I always enjoy who I haven't seen nor heard from in quite a long time are Darkthrone and Sir Bel. Although Sir Bel has to be around somewhere, because he changed his avatar from a warrior to a sword, so maybe he just has been recently MIA.

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Mathetias left because he said that D&D was taking over his life, IIRC. I think he explained it in a brief return six months ago or so. Shura was banned or he left after a bit of drama, and Extremist did return after a year when he was in a car crash and then just dissapeared as quickly as he had returned.

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I don't think Shura was banned, because I saw some of his posts in old RBPs and he wasn't "unregistered" or anything.

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    There is mention of a ban in the profile. As I remember, Shura left by his own decision, though.

I think banned people aren't really banned. I suppose they just have their posting rights removed, so they can still browse but can't post. Or perhaps some people are banned and some have their posting rights removed.

14. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

It seems Shura was banned from some forums but not others, and simply left when he realized he wasn't going to be able to sneak any more past Tal.

On a brighter note, Darkthrone has been spotted!

15. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I kinda miss SleepleSS as well.

But he has sent me an e-mail today, so I'll try to lure him back. Mwuha.

16. Taluntain

Media:
    Bel posts now and then in the non-game forums... not much, but still. He's been very busy in RL for a while now.

Shura was never banned. I just made it very clear that if he's not going to respect the rules in AoDA that he'll have to stay out of that forum. Apparently leaving was easier for him than complying...

As for "unregistered" members; that's an old relic status that doesn't apply any more. In the olden days when people changed PDNs here, their old profile was deleted and a new one created, and the status on posts posted by people who weren't actually on the member list any more (because their original profiles have been deleted), became "unregistered". We never delete any member records now, posting/PM privileges for such accounts are simply disabled and that's that.

Depending on the level of the offence, the whole status disabling can be more or less extensive, but I don't want to go into specific details about that for obvious reasons.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i actually saw shura's old avatar in use the other day and thought it was him but it turns out that it just became available once he left.

18. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yeah, that was I saw too. If only people would keep their avatars, one day, someone is going to use Tal's old.

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Mine don't get recycled... not for a long time anyway.

20. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

These are the ones that spring to my mind other than those that have allready been mentioned of course.

-Takara (The place just ain't the same without the gnome :p )
    -Rednik
    -Abomination

EDIT: Ah yes, how could I forget Shalladeth the founder of Copper Coronet.

[ September 20, 2005, 20:55: Message edited by: Morgoroth ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.