1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The atrocities of the gaming universe

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Enthasius, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Behold, with the help of all visitors to the "Playground", there will be a collection of everyone's WORST game to have ever been experienced. Just tell me what your worst game(s) you have ever played, so that others can be ever wary of the chucks of excreament floating in the sea of gaming greatness.

Basically what are your personal worst game's ever, and try to tell me why it was the worst game, because certain people might not agree, meaning arguments.

My worst two game's

1)Last battle, mega drive. This game was too hard, to slow, to taxing on your ear's and just to plain cra*ppy

2)Army men, various console and on PC, All I have to say is SOMEBODY must be buying these....thing's. I cannot name one good thing about them.

If I could, i'd list more, but at the moment my memory banks will not allow me to recall any further bane's to my existance (besides learning game's *shudder*)I'll add more as I remember them.

Until then, what's your's?

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Is it that time of the week already?... yes it is, it's Jesper's POR bashing time again :D
    Never ever ever ever boy POR!
    bad game, BAD game, BAD BAD game.
    Avoid it by all means

Pros.
    ALMOST nice graphics
    3rd ED rules

Cons.
    SLOW gameplay
    Mindless dungeon crawling
    boring turnbased combat

[ September 04, 2002, 00:04: Message edited by: jesper898 ]

3. Astra Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Creatures 3.
    Worthless.
    Even made a lousy coaster.

The game had no plot and no purpose. It felt like it was half-finished and then sent to the shelves. Compared to other "life-simulator" games, it sucked. The old SimLife for DOS kicked Creatures 3's butt.

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Mechwarrior 4 -- It was like they said "we blew it on every other game, so we completely reworked every aspect. Leg shots don't count for salvage, and you have to aim for the ankle instead of the knee. Our config system sucked, and too many people were cheating, so we redid it for "game balance" purposes.

Star Control 3 -- We are actually just tree hugging hippies that write code now. Our publisher said they want a game that completely strays from the others, and promotes a "balance the Chi on your forehead" aspect for people to follow. No, people will still buy it 'cause they are wanting a SC2 experience, and think this is it.

Fallout 2 -- None of us ever went back an actually played through Fallout1 to make sure we had the story straight, and this one didn't suck. Sorry 'bout that. We'll just concentrate on the combat aspect in the next one, so you forget how assinine the plot on this one is.

Zork3 -- We're spent. This was the best story we could come up with, while still trying to stick to the original PDP-2 game. Yeah, we know everyone has gotten tired of the mazes. We'll cut down on them, but throw in a new aspect like movable blocks and turnable boxes. Look, at least "hello, sailor" finally has a purpose. Shut up you whinnerz...

Return to Zork -- Dude! I'm telling you, I can't think straight with you smoking all that marijuana. Crack a window or something! No, I don't want one; I've gotta finish coding this!

King's Quest 7 -- Christ, Jesus H. What was the deal here?!?!?!

That's about all I could come up with in 5 minutes...

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Worst game I've ever played? Ultima IX Ascension. Of over 1000 games I've played in my life, this bug-ridden crap was the worst ever. Check the U9A thread in this same forum for my detailed explanation.

6. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Might and Magic (or whatever they were called). As far as i'm aware, there are 7 or so in the series of Ass Nuggets. While shopping for games, i thought, "This looks a nice little number, with something in common with Baldur's Gate."

But when i played it the only thing in common with BG was the paperdoll (where you equip yourself).
    It was like a first person, crappy graphics pile of poo. The weapons had damage values like 10d6 :cool: for the most basic of weapons. The gameplay was pap :flaming: . Graphics were pap :flaming: . And.. :flaming: ..it was pap :flaming: .

At least i only spent £5 :help: on it. I should have known from the price.

7. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I agree with you, Intentioner. I bought Might & Magic 6 for about $5 USD, and it wasn't worth a penny. Lousy manual so it was a pain just trying to figure out how to get started. Lousy graphics and those stupid, animated faces looking at you all the time! :bang: At least they could have chosen some better looking models!!
    It sits on the shelf, collecting dust.

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

King's Quest 7 isn't too bad. It's King's Quest 8 that is horrible. It's not even worthy to fall under the KQ title. The game has an alone and empty feel to it. You don't even play a member of the royal family. Hello that's what KQ is all about.

Another game I hated was Myst. Again, an alone and empty feel. Little or no characters = not cool in my book.

9. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] If you can recall a deceit and treachery along with some work from the Devil himself...

I would say Ultima IX, Rama, Lords of Magic, Pool of Radiance 2... BUT FIRST AND FOREMOST BY FAR... Descent to Undermontain.

You see, these collection of worthless, bug-infested, half-baked and evily-conceived crap is the WORST the gamming industry has to offer. Nevertheless, it serves the noble purpose to show us what a game ISN'T supposed to be done.

Ultima IX; **** YOU! I spent nearly FOUR ****ING WEEKS just to install and configure that thing propperly on a HP!

Rama; well, it was borrowed AGH! You call adventure hours of screen-staring listening to ramblings about existence mixed with cheap journalism and engineering... CREEPY!!

Lords of Magic; well, we have a nice idea just gone mad because of poor (EXTREMELY POOR) design, implementation and QA, PLEASE, a patch over 10Mb! And on top of it you got yourself with "another" game?... A big **** YOU Sierra!!

Pool of Radiance 2, MOTHER OF GOD! I spent nearly half an hour installing (the damn CD just doesn't like CD-writers!) it and TWO weeks just to get some nice graphics! Clumsy controls, bad implementation of 3E, and on top of it BUG INFESTED!

AHH! BUT Descent to Undermountain (brb, gotta puke while spelling this crap. *PUKE* I'm back) OH JESUS! Mixing Descent with AD&D seemed an ideal marriage, but instead it resulted an abomination C'MON! Walking in the air, fighting with your sword halfway across the first floor of the dungeon, flying corpses chasing you and killing your enemies while you twist (yes, twisting, not turning!), exploding barrels and boxes with repeating sprites all over your game (though you just bashed the damend thing SIX levels before... and the damned srpites chase you forever!); Artificial Intelligence? NO WAY! Maybe Artificial Stupidity was invented. See, a room FULL of goblins and you pound them to pieces with your mighty dagger out of the room and the farther the harder you hit and the more you take out AND none of them even raises a finger! (I even managed to kill a beholder with a single blow from a short sword through a wall!)... Mixing the (according to Interplay) "gorgeous graphics and frame rate that leaves Quake 2 in shamblings"... Mary, Jesus and Joseph! I've seen more beauty in a parked junk lot! Or in a sewer under NYC!

No wonder Interplay's recent downfall!

P.S.:

HEY! Maybe this games were the ones the Greek authorities looked at and said PC gaming was evil :eek: :eek: .

[ September 04, 2002, 21:38: Message edited by: Shadowhunter ]

10. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ultima 9. See my rant in the Ultima 9 thread. What a waste of time.

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Might&Magic :( :( :mad: :mad:
    The best was 5th but even that one couldnt get near BG. From then on its just losing and losing quality :(

12. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I'll probably upset a few people here, but i'm going to have to say the original Populous. I don't know if what i say about it warrants putting it here.

Yes, it had playability. But where was the substance to it?

Oh, i'll start by changing the land so that my houses can get bigger. Oh, now i'll click a button to make people go home, fight or go to the sun talisman thing. Now i'll create a hero who will attack. Oh and while i'm at it i'll do some spells. :rolleyes:

It's all good fun but it just wasn't challenging. Every level was easy until the other god started using tidal wave. That was where i gave up coz he could wipe out everything in one move.
    Rant over :D

13. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Fallout 1&2
    Legends of Might & Magic
    Grandia 2

14. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Final Fantasy Series (starting with VII): Production values rival those of films. and so does the interactivity

Silent Thunder: A-10 Tank Killer 2:
    Just boring

X-Com Interceptor:
    so. tedious. When. Does. The. Hurting. Stop?

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Diablo 2 was pretty bad. I had heard it was a good game, as if! Hack and slash and hack and slash and kill and quests that are just reasons to kill and a million billion magical weapons and... Yeah, you get the point.

POR2 bashin' time! Its took ages to install, then wouldn't work. It might work now that I've fixed a few things up but come on, I don't think there is realy much point.

16. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Final Fantasy 9: I used to think it was nice but. I mean FF used to have strong and hard to kill bosses but know its fallen down. Necros is so weak it took me 5 minutes t kill him of. The games balance is awfula! I mean whats fun with a boss that has +100000 life and 100000 mp?? Their attack are so weak that there is no challenge. A tip for you: Dont buy nine!!!

Legend of Legaia is wonderful!!!IMHO the combat sistem is thge best!!! the in-combat graphic are cool and monsters and bosses get harder as can kill you(Even creatures) the more you continue. I recently comleted it for the 12th time and I'm currently re-plaing it. I must say thought that Noa is badly made. She's weak and lowlifed. But when she gets nine AM she can woop anyones ass. Gala is also a bit weaker the Vahn who from the middle of the game can do 2000 damage but he also rock cause him magic attack is ultimate:Vahn:600 damage with gimard at games ens(Lv10 gimard for all)Noa:550 damage Gala:1200 damage!!
    I must say that if your looking for a challenging game then buy this game and you'll have a ball!!

I'ts called Crusaders of might and magic and It suck:When I played the first one I beat the game in 7 hours. I thought that the game was nice to just have any time fun and the final boss is strong but when I played CoMaM3 I said to myself"Whick idiot made this game". The monsters are over easyand the bosses are weaker than the monsters. I completed the game in 3,30 hours!!
    I SUCKS!!!

KQ8 sucks: I mean you cant get past the blocks in the baron reagons and the bosses are so easy that my hamster could deafeat them!!! The graphic of the charachet change and the plot are the only two nice things in the whole game. But if your looking for a good KQ dont buy this one cause as Big B said it SUCKS

As for UltimaIxassection: IT SUCKS!!! No further comment.

Breath of fire is a nice game and the plot is good but the graphic look like a cheap cartoon's!

Anyway check ut the FF thread and tell me if theres anything you need!(Pm me)

17. Prophete D'Acier Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE MIGHT AND MAGIC?!?!

I have 6 to 9 (nine sucks) and I love them! THe story is so cool too. Especially 8. The game is just very fun if you ask me. Not as convulated as BG.

The worst game I played has got to be Hazard without a doubt. I didn't even think about it for long. Hazard by Pumpkin Software or something like that. THe game looks kinda Japanese but everything's in English. One day someone just gave it to me and I think it's warez. I tried looking for walkthroughs but I failed to find any. Not only was it SOOO DAMN HARD, you could not go back once you made a mistake. I haven't played Ultima Ascension but maybe I'll try the older ones. My uncle loves it.

18. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"Diablo 2 was pretty bad. I had heard it was a good game, as if! Hack and slash and hack and slash and kill and quests that are just reasons to kill and a million billion magical weapons and... Yeah, you get the point."

amen, brother, you took the words right out of my mouth.

19. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Padden is right Legend of Legia was great. It had the best combat system out of anygame, ever. The story rocked and looked just like FF7. I loved it. Fond memorys indeed.

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I've been lucky with my games - I haven't actually *bought* a bad game

I thought Space Station Smulaterv thingy was absolute rubbish - I didn't get it!

Dilberts Desktop Games - they were okay for when you were bored but from the moment you insert the disk and install you'll encouter loads of lovely BUGS on your system - Autorun being permenantly disabled, the screen changing clours, most antivirus programs will not be able to run unfortuantly the game is generous and lets you keep the bugs AFTER installation :wail:

P.s. is it me or did Paddy put 'I suck'?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.