1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Absolutely No XP Cheating Party

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by JT, Jan 21, 2021.

1. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I've started a new IWD2 run here in 2021, with some basic rules to prevent cheating the XP system.

1. Full party of six.
    2. All characters must be added at the start of the game. Characters may not be added or removed later.
    3. All level-ups must be taken immediately - no level squatting.
    4. Quests should be completed in roughly the order encountered - no saving up XP rewards for later in the game.
    5. The entire party must stay together and alive as much as possible - no temporarily killing off some characters so the others can reap XP rewards.

Now that I've completed Chapter 3, I'll post my party.

2. JT Gems: 12/31

Media:
    The Sorcerer is currently using the Doom Bolter crossbow, but will eventually switch to a longbow. As the only high level arcane caster in the party, her spell choices have to be carefully spread around buffs, summons, evocations, and charms.

The Cleric is currently using Hagnen's Folly crossbow, which unlike most crossbows allows multiple attacks per round with high BAB. Eventually I may switch her to melee as the party tank.

This guy is using Haft Over Head throwing axe. Although he has done good damage so far, the weapon is only +1, and I am not sure there is a good replacement available. Also, the throwing range is quite poor compared to bows and crossbows.

This guy uses the Hell Bolter in combat. He responsible for gathering and identifying all loot, so has high ranks in Alchemy, Knowledge, Open Lock, Spellcraft, Search, and even some points in Disable Device.

Somehow this guy became the party tank. Currently he's dual-wielding Scimitar of Acid +2 with Sulo's Hook (+3 deflection AC). He has high ranks in Pick Pocket, but I mostly forget to use it.

The party leader is using a Longbow +2, and of course has high ranks in Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate.

3. JT Gems: 12/31

Media:
  4. JT Gems: 12/31

Media:
    Tragically this party died to a HDD crash. I tried tapping on the drive and freezing it, no luck. Maybe I will make a replacement party.

5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    What was the point in taking those 1 level dips into things like both fighter and ranger for? I didn't think they brought enough to the table to be worth the multiclass XP penalty for level up.
    Another example was 1 level of pain bearer, plus 1 level of druid. I didn't see any benefit from taking 1 level of each.

6. JT Gems: 12/31

Media:
    The goal was to get them stuck at level 8 or 9 with 100% penalty. Basically legit xp mules, though not as powerful since they aren't level 1.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.