1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Terminsel and the Harper Pin

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Elven sorceress, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Elven sorceress Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey, all! I'm new at these forums and currently playing Baldur's Gate II and loving it.

I'm currently on Chapter 6 and just completed the whole Harper quest. I'm NOT romancing Jaheira and the only left to do is for Terminsel to appear and give Jaheira the Harper Pin. It's widely known that this section of the game (Jaheira's romance and the Harper Hold) are really buggy. I have Shadows of Amn (of course) and Throne of Bhaal with all the latest patches, the latest version available. However, a quick search on the Internet indicates that supposedly Terminsel should appear within five days of game time, but something prevents the game from doing this and instead sets the timer to five days of real time, which is of course ridiculous. My question is, do the latest patches fix this or is this still a problem? There are claims of Terminsel appearing within one hour of real time, 10 hours of real time, anywhere between 9 and 90 days of game time, so I'm really confused. I don't care waiting for a bit for him to show up (I could do other quests in the meantime) but if he's not gonna appear within a reasonable amount of time, then I may have to resort to other means to make him appear.

If anyone can shed light on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance!

2. Ishad Nha Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Resourceful

This was recently covered in the Bioware Social forums. I will have to play through it myself before I know what is happening here.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I don't know exactly, but I do know that it will take a long time (real time) for Terminsel to show up. I recall reading somewhere the specifics on this, but I can't recall exactly where and what these specifics were, sorry.

I've had him appear at least in two different playthroughs while playing the game, so it's certainly possible, though I was romancing Jaheira both times. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

If you want to force him to appear, use the CLUA console:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TerminselSpawn","GLOBAL",5)
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("jatermin")

If you want to get most things fixed, try installing the BG2 fixpack.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  4. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

From what I recall from the guide on this site is that if your romance is successful it should take over an hour of REAL time (not game time). So plant yourself in the docks district (just because I know it works there), pause the game, and leave it on for over an hour and unpause. If it does not work then you might be too far into the game (at a certain point love talks stop happening so hopefully it hasn't occurred yet). If it does not work summon him in using the CLUA console.

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Normal love talks usually occur after at least an hour of real time, but there are exceptions and different requirements. But that's not what the topic starter is asking about.

The BG2: SoA Romancing Guide by Extremist does have a detailed analysis on this, though:
    It's on page 75 of the guide if you want more detail.

Yoshimo's Heart likes this.
  6. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Yep that is where I got my hour of real time comment from. Good call quoting it.

7. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    If you're not romancing Jaheira, Terminsel takes forever and a day to show up. I don't know how much ingame or real time it takes but you may want to just CLUA him in. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.