1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Techno Geeks

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Jerlark386, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

What technology do you wish existed or wish you had?(preferably rare or original).

I wish there surround sound headphones!

My only fear of technological advances is that everything will shrink to a point where it is so small that you have use tweezers to pick up average things like cds.

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Techno?

Nah. I'd rather some classics, new age or rock... Ok, metal suits me too...

3. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] A good example of this is a new TV ad.
    A girl sitting on a bus is watching a movie on her telephone.
    Brilliant, I want one.
    Does she download the film ? Cost too much.
    Does her phone have a video player ? Excellent but how big are the videos ?

Great idea, a phone with a built in TV, video, PC and anything else ypu can fit in there but using data cubes for storage which can be plugged straight into the phone.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am really looking forward to Matrix like technology. Just plug in a wire to your celebral cortex and you ARE in Baldurs Gate or any other place you can imagine. That would be so cool. But I dont think that I would have any real life then.
    And this isnt science fiction, the scientists are well on the way and we might have this in less than ten years.

I really would like a little machine that is everything too, phone, computer, tv, stereo and alot of other things. And not bigger than a match box.

5. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] A machine to be able to translate the meaning behind the words. Sometimes the words don't give the meaning justice.

6. Artificial magic!

7. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Why artificial? I would like some real magic into this world!

8. Yes, but the topic says it has to be techno, everyone would like real magic. Except Bush, some insane mage would got to the white house, disintegrate him, and rule the world! THE WORLD!! BWAHAHAHAAAA!!!

9. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31

Really, magic would be like an alternative energy. Like electricity or heat.

10. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Magic I'm not to sure about. Think about it. If you were able to shoot out a wave of heat from your fingers then what would stop you from learning some thing even more complex such as summing, now that would bring problems. Could you see and army of weird creaturs coming at you? And we couldn't call them monster's but creaturs or beings because in this day and age every thing in this world has a name and it's not cool to kill them. Go figuar. But yes I agree that would be very sweet if their was magic and and things like that. I could go off and have adventures taking down creaturs that did harm to others. Sound like fun to me.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually surround sound headphones exist. They're just expensive as hell.

12. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Glasses that undress women :D

Edit, I admit a machine that can create beer for free would be nice too. Woohooo

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited January 14, 2002).]

13. Masher Gems: 5/31

ArchAngel, have you never seen James Bond? :p
    (and that's real... isn't it?!?)

My ideal watch... When it stops, time itself also stops.

14. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I finnaly figured out what I would like the most. The gift of an unbreakble teaspoon. That would solve all problems that the world has ever had, since how would challange the man with the spoon?... seriously I can't wait for the day when I can fall a sleep and wake up in the morning, refreshed and wanting to goto school.

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    That sounds like my English teacher... the Guy With The Spoon.

I'd really, really love book-glasses. Just perch them on your nose and read. They'd be programmed to foollow the movements of the eye. No more turning pages or using the mouse roll...

Ara
    (I am so dead... I need a life...)

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Dimensional (Time) Portals so I could visit Middle-Earth or the Forgotten Realms now and then.

Me: Bye mom and dad... I'm off.... to another world
    Mom: That's OK but don't be late for diner tonight :D

17. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Headbanger: Where is the toilet?
    Orc: *Yum* Food

18. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I wouldn't mind a pair of glasses (preferably cool looking ones) that can read a persons mind and intentions. The glasses should also have a way of telling you what the best action to take is. You could also have these as watches or contact lenses instead of glasses. and you can control when you want to activate/deactivate the mind reading mechinism by power of thought or mearly by touching the object with your finger. Hows that for a futuristic technology? :borg:

19. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I liked ArchAngel's undress glasses idea...But I'd really like to do one of two things...1) Travel through time, 2) Travel to other planets without coming back to Earth 250 years later....

20. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

A reclining armchair with footrest that connected to the computer. The armrests would each have half a keyboard so you could touch-type while lying on your back, and the monitor would swivel over your head like the overhead light on a dentist's chair. The mouse would be on an armrest tray that you could swing around to a comfortable position. Then you could play games- or post on Sorcerer's- stretched out with your feet up!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.