1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tappin' that sweet Drow booty (HotU romance questions)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Death Rabbit, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Warning: Spoilerific. :nono:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Apparantly, or it least it's implied, that Nythaara can start a romance with you. I kinda realized this in Chapter 3, where she tells you how much you mean to her and there was an option to say "Perhaps we should be more than friends." When I said this, she responded with "Oh no, I don't see you like that." If I had a higher CHA, could this go anywhere? My weapon master at the time had a CHA of 8, but my new character has an 18, so maybe this will be different.

Also, in my new game, I've taken along Valen and left Deekin at the Seer's place. So far Valen and Nythaara have had dialogues with one another, where the dialogue said "they locked eyes for a while" and things like that. If Valen is with me, does that kill the romance for me, assuming there is actually a romance in progress?

And if you have a female character, will Valen romance her?

2. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

In my first run through I took Valen and Nythaara, they didn't have a romance... also I got the same dialog as you about being friends, but I didn't take the cheeseball route :p

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I don't generally do romances. But the NWN romances appear to be a hell of a lot less maintenance than the BG2 variety, so I figure what the hell.

Damn, Arty...I was actually hoping you would have that answer for me. Oh well.

Anyone else?

4. DarthMuffin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

SOILERS
    I started to romance Nat in chap 2, and things were doing well...

When I got in chap 3 (can you actually have her in your party at the beginning? she wasn't there before I got the reapers' name), I, of course, rescued Aribeth and she started to romance me (I was alone with her in the party). When I got the reaper's name, I noticed that Nat was back, so I took her along with Aribeth. In the epilogue (sp?), however, it said that I had romanced Aribeth.

IMO, everything is a little bit ****ed up. Since the romances aren't as good as BG's, my guess is that Bio didn't care about any bugs in it.

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Nytharra's a decent lass and an able companion, but she lacks Viconia's vehemence and viciousness.

Don't get me wrong, though. She's a very useful henchwoman, especially with the new patch, but her romance seems to be slapped on as an afterthought.

6. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Actually, the funny thing is, after the dialog came up, I kicked her out of the party in favor of Aribeth (simply more effective), and I chose none (read: zip, zilch, zero!) of her 'romantic' dialog options, and at the end of the game, it STILL said that we had some romance after-the-fact.

Odd considering she was a GHOST!

7. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I played a female, with Valen and Deekin.

Spoiler
    Valen does do the romance thing, and it's pretty cool. There's an interesting little thing about learning his true name, and whatnot.

8. Mortifer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Slight spoiler, but important info nontheless...

I don't know what you all did, but my romance with Nytharra worked out very well. It might have helped that I was an elven sorcerer with 25 final natural charisma (Not sure a drow will go for you half-orc/dwarf types). Those of you with other failed romances might wanna try different races to match your partner. If fact, I had Valen the whole time and didn't pick up Nytharra until late in the second chapter when I decided to drop Deekin. By early third chapter, our romance was in full swing. I believe you can begin the Aribeth romance without even having her in your group by just discussing the love dialogs with her. I did this and Nytharra kept getting upset, so I quickly did a load and just went straight for the faith dialog. The romances are definitely not an afterthought. I've been somewhat vague for a reason...

Major spoilers to come. My experience, don't read unless you want me to ruin the romance storyline for ya, I told you what I did above, now repeat it for yourself...

Basically, you and Nytharra fall in love. This happenned early in the third chapter for me after I picked her up midway through second chapter. I always talked to her and comforted her and even stopped to talk about how she was doing mutiple times. I'm not sure if you guys can ask your true love when you see the Keeper of Names, but I could and it was music to both my and Nytharra's ears. I almost found this random as I reloaded to see all the cool stuff I could do and occasionally the Keeper said somebody else for my love and other people's true love was her (the Sleeping Man). I explored these ending as well, but I still got the girl in the end because she always loved me (her love was already set at this point). The end...under Nytharra's story, you get how she does all this stuff, but always returns to you in the end, her true love, to live under an open sky. Maybe it was the fact that it was New Year's night and that made her an easy score :p Made me smile and feel good, so I really liked how it all ended. I prevailed over evil, became a legend, and fell in love...

Was thinking of trying it over agian with Aribeth, but then I'd be cheating on my sweet love Nytharra :p Don't believe speculation, try it for yourself, I wanna see if you can win over the other gals hearts.

9. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You can romance both Aribeth and Nytharra in this game :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.