1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Talking squirrel in Nashkel

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Yolar, Nov 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yolar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Something really strange happened to me and a friend of mine when we were playing Baldur's Gate.
    We were fighting against this crazy mage in the graveyard of Nashkel when we saw a talking squirrel. After some clicking we killed it and this squirrel had a Ion Stone of Luck.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's an urban myth heh. I remember back then someone started the joke about the ioun stone and it got carried all over the net and everyone was killing squirrels from Beregost to Baldur's Gate, but no one actually found the stone.
    And in all my time working here at the site AND replaying the game, AND knowing the whole game inside out I've never seen it either.
    I looked through the item codes and couldn't find it there either, not even to create it through the console.

So, until you can get me some proof of that I remain skeptic. Get me some screenshots and send em over to sorcerer -AT- sorcerers.net
    If it's true I'll post it on the site. Send me the pic of the stone in your inventory, of it equipped (where do you put it anyway) and it's description text.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Oh Goody Good! A good old fashioned treasure hunt! Ok whos up for abit of dosh making? Ofcourse i'm the leader...

4. Yolar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

It seems that nobody believes me...snif snif,

OK, I will try to find this squirrel again and this time make a screenshot. It may take some time, cause I gave my copy of Baldur's Gate to a friend of mine to get him hooked. Which of course, worked.

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Therefore i have decided to appoint yalor as the mapper of this expedition

6. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Maybe he will get us to a dangerous place, where we will be ambushed, attacked, stealed killed and throw as food to a bunch of hysteric gibberling.

7. Sol'Kanar Guest

THEY'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Do you get something from the talking chicken?

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Take the chicken back to the mage in High Hedge. The chicken is the mage's apprentice who had an accident with a polymorph spell. ;)

10. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

But save before talking to the mage in the tower. Because he will try to transfrom the guy back into his original form and it does work all time. Sometime, he die in the process and you dont get the experience points.

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Ah! Another quest! Thing is, y'know that thief outside the High Hedge, he says there is tonnes of treasure in the High Hedge so i just goes in, Kill the flesh golems and Thalantylier or whatever his name is and he's got god damn no stuff on him! So where is this treasure?

12. Sol'Kanar Guest

I did the same thing! What's up with that? "Magical treasures lying around everywhere" my a...er uh that is what's up with that?

13. Taluntain

Media:
    No treasure there except for the one Talanthyr can sell to you. He's got some great stuff... for a price.

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31

*Holding Thalaintyr's blood soaked body* So much for a world record heist! *Dumps body on the floor* Damn! Where's that lying thief! Y'sure you can't get any other magical items? Maybe there's a secrect door no?

15. Taluntain

Media:
    Nope, there's nothing. I screwed it up myself te first time too when I listened to the thief. Good thing I saved before so I could just reload. ;)

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited November 30, 2000).]

16. Sol'Kanar Guest

I usually just pick his pockets and them sell him the potions I steal. What a loser. You'd think he'd check his pockets after someone sells him exactly what he is carrying.

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I have abosolutly no luck when pickpocketing wizards...damn! *kicks flesh golems head*

Where's Melicamp the chicken?
    Ah there he is!
    *cluck* Fuck off *cluck*
    NO! YOU DIE!
    *Melicamp is beheaded and rolls on the floor*
    Hmm...Time to go and wreak havok at the socerer Sundries in Baldur's Gate...
    *Walks out of High Hedge*
    I must still continue that treasure hunt...

18. shadow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sol'Kanar: How do you pick-pocket pple from the buy/sell screen? I've tried using the Steal screen on Winthrop but got no response.

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Well usually you click on the item you want to steal and the steal button will ligh up and then go click on it...

*Walks off heading towards the Nashkal Mines determined to find Volo*

20. Taluntain

Media:
    Volo is in one of the taverns in Nashkel. (Figures) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.