1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Talkative party

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Algarion, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've completed both BG 2 and ToB several times before and this time I just want to try out some new mods. Tactics, Kelsey, Owersight etc. As the topic name suggests I want a talkative party and therefore I all so installed Bantepacks V5. I'm thinking of a "good" party but I wont say no to any neutral NPC´s either but line is drawn way ahead of Korgan, Edwin and Viconia.

Classes, weapon proficiencies and even race doesn't bother me a second thanks to ShadowKeeper.

My female (Kelsey Romance) PC is leaning towards Assassain or Kensai/Thief or maybe just a pure Kenasi. As you notice not much is decided yet. So far my party looks somehow like this.

Jan - The king of banter? Never used him before but heard so much about him.

Keldorn - He just got an opinion about everything.

Kelsey - Know nothing but heard alot about this guy.

Jaheira - Bad to the bone.

Minsc - All though I'm not a big fan of him I can't say no to the fact that he interferes with all most any NPC in the whole game.

That's it so far. Please drop in with suggestions. I should mention that I will never work with Anomen again!

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

who's kelsey?

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Kelsey is a romance mod.

For the party: definately Jan. He banters with everyone.

Minsc interacts very well with Jan, as well as some of the others.

Jaheira isnt that vocal, so can be optional

For the others, Valygar is often worth taking. He sometimes talks a bit, and Jan winds him up mercilessly

4. Heerscher Gems: 3/31

I believe you get more interaction if you mix good and evil npc's in your party. I think it would be funny to put Korgan in your party, next to Minsc or Keldorn.

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Well of course Jan will talk you to death.
    And Minsc is not shy of saying his piece.
    Both Anomen and Keldron have banters with these two.
    Kelsey has more than a little to say, but not much for Anomen I think.
    Chole also has a lot of banters, ie. if you can stand her. Chole is a mod NPC and she talks to Kelsey.
    Imoen has added banter if you get the 'Imoen romance' mod.
    The female love interests Aerie, Jaheira and Viconia, even Tashia, have little to say unless you are romancing them. In which case you wish you could tell them to shut-up.

6. Jolt Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Minsc Is all ways good for funny little talks with other people in your party

7. ShaineCoradara Gems: 2/31

Minsc + Jan
    Anomen + Jan
    Viconia + Aerie
    Korgan + Anomen or Minsc
    Jan, Jan, Jan, Jan, Jan :D

8. Algarion Gems: 3/31

I didn't want to start a new topic so I just use my old one. All though this post may be a bit off-topic

After what you guys said I made up my party. But I got one problem, I don't got any priest, druid or cleric. Usually I just use Jaheiera, Anomen or Viconia to fit that spot but this time I'm thinking of giving it to my PC. But since I'm not to familiar with any of them I'm wondering, are there any that's better than the two others? I usually carry them around for healing, buffs and some minor summoning so I know all most nothing about how to use their offensive spells. Once again, any suggestions?

My party so far:

PC - Female

Jan - Assassain, always liked Assassains and whit Kelsey in the party no back-up mage will be needed.

Keldorn - Inquisitor

Kelsey - Sorcerer

Valgyar - Archer, there's just to many great bows and arrows in the game to neglect and with Jan as an Assassain a stalker isn't needed at all.

Minsc - Fighter, I've always thought of him as a fighter and this time it's time to dual wield. Besides, anyone who knows a good combination of dualweilding weapons?

9. ShaineCoradara Gems: 2/31

If you want to be nagged to death, go with Jaheria.
    If you want to give Jan something to do (and have your sides hurt from laughing) go with Anomen. Anomen has the "holier than thou" thing going on, so you might end up killing him. Go to http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/7115.html#000011 for my story on how he ended up being here & annoying us.

If you want someone with an interesting past (and also nice banters with many of your people) go with Viconia.
    Aerie is whiney and dies easily.
    Stuff for Minsc? Nothing comes to mind, really. I always give him Lilacor and put Jaheria (with a scimitar) right next to him in the formation. Lilacor falls in love with her sword if you have the banter pack. It's hilarious.

10. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I don't know which party would be the most talkative, but I can tell you that the following current party rarely if ever talks:

PC (kensai)
    Valygar
    Keldorn
    Aerie
    Cernd
    Yoshimo followed by Imoen

11. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Minsc and Keldorn are a good match (if you're using Minsc's Berserk ability once in a while). As far as I'm concerned, Keldorn is a bit too puritanical for banter that's half-way funny, but he brings out the best in Minsc. Same goes for Minsc and Aerie, although that means putting up with her incessant whining. If you get her killed after Minsc "adopts" her, his reaction is very... interesting.

Jan is hilarious with anyone, especially Minsc. I just about fell out of my chair laughing at some of their dialogues.

You might want to have Edwin rotate in just to do his quest (and for the subsequent banters) - Edwina is pretty funny while she lasts. Just about everyone is merciless with him/her (well, except Minsc and Boo), even the PC can take a swipe at the guy.

12. Shadow Steele

Shadow Steele Still hiding in the shadows all night

I love Minsc, he banters well with everyone.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.