1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Taking recommended? (NWN: HotU)

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Melhisedek, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Melhisedek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Hi there folks, well I'm such a newb when it comes to D&D but I enjoy a good RPG and a nice story, so I played NWN and SoU. I was Paladin and was taking just the recommended stuff, had a few problems here and there but managed to get past them with turning difficulty to easy and reloading a lot :)

Now I'm about to start HotU... I was thinking Paladin again, and taking recommended again as I have no idea what abilities do and such

Question is will I be ok? I'm aware that we are talking lvl 15+ so things get harder in this one

Is there some other class that I could choose that have an easier time in this expansion or will I be ok with pally?

Thank you for your time!

2. Mongerman Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

HOTU is a really quite an easy game. I dont see any problems with a straight pally build, though you might want to mix in some fighter/cot levels to liven things up.

3. ion Gems: 5/31

read an faq on character creation. If you had trouble with SoU, I'm guessing you dont have lots of experience creating D&D characters.

there is so much varability in character creation, you can make the game really challenging if you have no idea what you are doing and really easy if you do

4. Melhisedek Gems: 5/31

Veteran

Well I'm the guy that is a living "Murphy's law" proof :) If there is a slightest possibility that you can gimp your guy, give me a few minutes and I'll find a way :p

It is mostly as I try to do a lot of things at once and get spread too thin. Anyway I'll try to liven things up a bit and wont take Paladin, instead I will try to 3-class my guy is some way... I'm reading " Interesting, fun builds" thread and trying to find one that would suit me, but still that is half of the work I think, knowing how many lvls to take and when, what I wonder is what feats and abilities to choose... Some of them sound like a waste but then again they may be not...

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Bear in mind that Prestige classes do not count for the XP restrictions when multiclassing (for instance an elf Wizard/RDD/Arcane Archer would get no XP penalty whereas an elf Wizard/Rogue/Fighter could get some penalty depending on the difference of levels between the Rogue and the Fighter class).

Play a character you are going to enjoy, powergaming may spoil your fun, that being said check the builds at Bioware, that should give you some ideas.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I strongly recommend just trying some stuff out. Half the fun of this game is designing and developing your characters.

I suggest thinking up an idea for a character and then looking for the abilities and feats etc that seem to match what your character might be into.

Then come to us for ideas onhow to fine tune it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.