1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tactics4IWD2 Version 2.0 Released.

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Tal Rasha, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

----------------
    What changed
    ----------------
    V2.0 changes:
    * Improved the compatibility with other mods.
    * Fixed some bugs.
    * Balanced some battles. The overall difficulty is slightly reduced comparing to V1.1
    * Slightly weakened the summoned demons.
    * Some changes to HOF mode:
    (1)Common summons only have 20% of original HP, while summoned demons and elmentals only have 10%.
    (2)New created party will start at about lvl11. The party will also gain 30,000GP and some random lvl1-lvl9 wizard scrolls.
    (3)Your PCs will gain +5AC, +20MaxHP permanent bonus at lvl6,lvl11,lvl16,lvl21,lvl26.
    (If you don't gain the bonus at these levels, just save and load to trigger the script.)
    (4)Your PCs will gain immunity to spell Disintegrate at lvl21, and gain +2 damage at lvl26.
    (5)Some bosses will drop addition potions of permanent bonus.

For more details, please check the readme file in the mod.
    Download it

coineineagh likes this.
  2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

That's cool, Tal Rasha! Thanks! Whoa, and I just have started a new game yesterday with the old version. Say, if I uninstall it and install the new version, will it work without problems? I really really want to play your mod to the finish but I just could not find enough time. I had so many diversions...

3. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

If your save is not a HOF one, that should be no problem.
    If your save is a HOF one, you have to start a new game after installing the new version.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

OK, I got it. Killed Xuki with ease yesterday, as I have played this far in your mod before, I knew what to expect and how to counter it. (it was still fun and challenging though!) The rest of the mod is what makes me excited especially right now! I was never was able to defeat the witchy Limha on my previous installation, which was on an older and slower computer as well. Now, on my new, fast and shiny PC, loading times are much faster so I can play without frustration! (since your mod requires a lot of reloading! I love it!)

5. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Well, I am glad you enjoy it. ;)
    Did you save the bridge in your fighting with Xuki ?

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Ofcourse I am enjoying it, your mod rules! Heh, got any new mod ideas for our dear IWD2? IWD2 is very dear to me as it is the very first IE game I played, and it is that game which taught me all about FRPs, D&D and the like!

Err, I did not save the bridge, but I did not work hard. (was RPing a naive character who continued on chatting with Xuki in the hopes of making a peaceful solution, heh heh heh.)

7. Tal Rasha

Tal Rasha Eye of Vecna

Recently, my real life is a little busy, so I have little time to mod.
    Well, I really would like to mod something new about IWD2 when I have my time again.

8. Mongerman Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I'm getting error messages with regard to installing tactics after EOA, with the error messages relating to EOA, but still getting the 'installation successfully completed' message.

1. I've read the solution in the other thread, but it doesnt work for me. I merely get a error about 'parsing' or something. After that, I cant even open EOAsetup.exe without getting an error.

2. Is there a workaround, like installing tactics 1st etc? Or can I just ignore the error messages?

TIA for any help

[edit] worked around it by installing tactics 1st, then EOA

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  9. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] So far I've had new enemies pop up in 3 separate situations, with impeccable timing. It sure makes battles more diffucult. I barely managed to save the shaengarne bridge, that was the most challenging so far.

EOA? Ease-of-use?

You need to update your weidu, EoU's weidu is old. Not a problem with tactics.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.