1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sybil

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Rekesalat, May 27, 2002.

1. Rekesalat Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

In the tenement of thugs I got a quest to get a key to sneak past a group of tough thugs. I found the key, sneaked past the thugs, and left the building. However, Sybil said she'd be right behind me when I came out, and she isn't. Is this a bug, or did I perhaps do something wrong?

2. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I had a problem with this as well. Basically, she only comes out after you open a certain door (even if you've killed all the thugs in the room). There are three doors leading into the room full of thugs - one of them is the main door where you meet Sybil, one of them leads straight to the exit (and is a 'secret' door), and one of them is a side door leading straight into the thugs. Sybil only followed me after I killed all the thugs (one Cloudkill spell should easily do it), opened all three doors (the main one, the 'secret' one and the side one) and then left.

P.S. Although you can't get a permanent Cloudkill spell until later in the game, you can use the Abyssal Pipe, found in the Drowned Nations Catacombs, I think.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm not sure why she doesn't go after you. But don't worry, it's totally irrelevant and you get only "green tear" as reward. If you ask me, pretty lame reward.

As for Cloudkill spell, it's untrue you can't get it besides Abyssal Pipe. There are two places you may buy the scroll. For spoilers on it, check for locations of scrolls here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/Torment/index_tips.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  4. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] Extremist: I know that you can buy the scroll later (although I didn't know about the one in the Anarchist Stores - thanks!), but at that point in the game I think the only option available is the Abyssal Pipe. Hell, Cloudkill was probably one of my most frequently-cast spells throughout the game. :evil:

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] How about a good old fight? Nobody needs cloadkill for some lame thugs! Annah Morte Dak'kon anf me slaughterd them like animals!

But it's true opening all doors will work, and the reward is crap...

One more thing, I guess I've mist something, what happend to those cool avatars? Why do we have this lame gems now? Is there a place where I can read about this?

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

You can read about the change here

7. LittleJimmy Gems: 4/31

At that point in the game, those Starved Dog Barking Thugs were more than capable of dealing out some serious damage to my characters and turning them into human pincushions... Cloudkill just seemed like the easy option. Plus, it's really funny just watching all those Thugs striding up to you looking really menacing... and then keeling over, clutching their chests and dropping their weapons. :evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.