1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Swords...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Loerand, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Hey, I just saw some nice swords on a website. And I thought that people would like to post nice and cool swords in this thread.

I will start this with a well-known sword to all BG-fans :D

Twinkle

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

My Sword. It's an Agincourt Longsword. Approx 1 meter in length, PoB approx 10cm from the crossguard.

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Them Drizzt Scimitars sure don't look like Drizzt's Scimitars infact they are not Scimitars at all.

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Don't get all defenseive the Sarevok. How would we really know what Drizzit's swords look like?

@JSBB

I have held Frodo's sword Sting. A bit bigger then I thought it would be really.

6. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Actually, those are quite exact copys of the scimitars Drizzt wields on the cover of A Thousand Orcs, only slightly less curved.

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
  8. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I just waaaaant one!
    I hear there are some legal things to be sorted out first before importing one. There are some sword-makers here, but as i hear from an expert arent all that good.
    I really am tired of waving sticks around.... no real weight, though it is really fast.

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I was sorely tempted, when I was in Spain a couple years ago, to buy a very nice Toledo steel sword but
    (a) it was bloody expensive,
    (b) given (a) I would have wanted to do a lot more research on the seller than I had time to do and
    (c) I figured it would be too much trouble to get through customs not to mention either arranging shipping or carrying it around for a couple weeks and trying to check it onto an airplane less than a year after 9/11.

10. Rav'n Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

For those of you who want something better than "sticks" to wave around check out rampantmouse.com , they have Latex covered swords, axes maces and shields. I personally own 4 swords, My favorite being a Rapier. My 3 sons (ages 8,10,12) together own another 7, ranging from throwing hammers to Katana's. Heck of a lot better than sticks and a lot safer than real swords...alhough must admit I AM saving for the matched set of Twinkle and Icingdeath.

11. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I would not go so far as to say that they are not scimitars at all. Certainly they don't hold much of a curve, but they are still single-edged with a curving blade. And, as another pointed out, they look just like the illustrations of Drizzt's scimitars.

Although it is a tad silly to have "dark-elven script" on them, since not only were they acquired by drizzt at different times, but neither were, as far as we know, created by dark elves.

But still, they're really, really cool.

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  13. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

@Chevy
    If you'd want to reduce your link lenght it'd be much apreciated. ;)

@Rav'n
    Do those swords really hold? I mean will they just simply crack if i strike something hard with them?
    I know the page says how indestructible they are, but every merchant would do that to sell things.
    How long have yours held together?

Here's another beauty: ...

14. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I like this one. I like Siegfried's Zweihander in Soul Calibur more, but come on, that thing is just not practical.

Zweihander

15. Rav'n Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Gothmog--
    Your not supposed to hit thngs like wood. As far as durabilty goes... We paly pretty hard, usually the hilts get banged up. I do some preventitive measures to mine. Theres a place in England that makes some better one as far as durability goes
    BUT... two times the money and they don't ship to the US. Kincheap.com i believe.
    The guys at Rampant Mouse are pretty cool, I actually sell the weapons to the people in my LARP game, so I get a small break on the price, but I definitely would use any weapon there. They are well balanced and extremely light.

16. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] I like swords and all but in these times, the best weapons are a well-hidden knife or your bare fists.

I have a wooden katana and wakizashi though.

In the words of Fighter from 8-bit theater: I like Swords!

17. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've the letter-opener version of Hadhafang (Arwen's sword).... I don't think my parents would trust me with a real one.... *sigh*

I'd like a sword though, and not just a foil like we use in fencing. As soon as I have a job.... :evil:

18. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If you guys wanna see real quality swords then check out http://www.ninecircles.co.uk
    They have the best quality Japanese swords in Europe. And after all, a Japanese sword is the best kind you can get.

19. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Shura...glad to know there is another fan of "8 bit theatre"

The best sword is the one you use to defeat your enemy. I am sparring with a wooden katana, and I am begining to think it would be fun to have a real enemy.

Then again, I don't want to feel a Greatsword crash against my chainmail, either!

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Your truest weapons are your sight, hearing and your hand. Brain is your true skill. Determination is your training. Resolution is your armour. Wit is your hidden blade.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.