1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Surprising results!!!

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by GONMAR, May 3, 2001.

1. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

What surprises me about this game is that there isn't more excitement about it. Everyone here seems to just love 3rd edition(argh) but are more excited about TOB. This is your game people...the first 3rd edition game...Where are you!!!!

2. Dragonsnake Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Can't expect people to be jumping around in anticipation of this game when the whole design team shows up so rarely, when there's so little promotion for it going on (compared to Bioware and BIS, that is) and when their official website keeps standing as a monument to how much nobody at Stormfront cares about their public image. There isn't a single working contact e-mail on the whole website. :rolleyes:

4. Vinadri Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Whole design team shows up rarely? Ahem...recent chat on GameSpy Arcade?

The development team used to show up all the time on the official boards but since mostly the same questions get answered there are unofficial people answering the questions. When a new question does show up they answer it.

As for the official web site for PoR: Stormfront doesn't own or update it: SSI does. And what do you do when your whole web team was laid off and you have to wait for the UbiSoft people to take charge of it? In addition, you'll notice that they recently posted two huge trailers.

As for the email address: yeah, the Stormfront address doesn't work :) I have an AOL account and I emailed the publicist from there and I checked to see if it was read, and it was never even opened. :)

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Vinadri, that chat was the only one they made in, what? 3 years of development? Great stats, that. Not that I can blame them, even in it, there were hardly any questions worth answering...

And I know the whole deal regarding the official website; that's why I brought it up. If I was working on a game which had such a lousy web presence (in the sense that it gets updated once in a few months, not graphically or otherwise), I would start my own or pay someone to put another one up where something could be posted at least on a weekly basis. Of course, that would depend on how much anyone there is really interested in their project. Call me weird but I don't sense much excitement on their part.

No point in telling me about the trailers either, I run Sorcerer's Place and I posted both my own edited chat log and the trailers. ;)
    They are nice though, but seeing El do the same speech in each of them is starting to get old. :p

P.S.
    I thought Fihn posted another joke when I read that announcement... Do you know anything more than was posted there?

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited May 04, 2001).]

6. Vinadri Gems: 1/31

Actually, its been two years of development :)

I've talked to the producers at SSI and they are very interested in the project...especially the Associate Producer. I don't know about Stormfront themselves since I've never talked to them at all, but they're probably more interested in console games :). I did talk to one consultant and he was very excited about the game. They used to show up on the boards a lot but they slowed down when they started to have to change their letterhead every week :) LOL

As for the web thing: My guess would be that they expected the transition to the new web team to happen a lot quicker so they probably didn't plan on having someone take it over temporarily. That's just a guess though.

The Elminister speech: wasn't it two different parts of the speech though? I don't remember. I deleted the trailers so I don't remember. But the game animations were cool...did you see the Dracolich?

As for Fihnakis: He's not joking. I had like a 3 day warning before everyone else. He had to switch jobs and took a cut in pay. I believe he's looking for a better job and I believe he'll find one (hopefully he'll go into web design which he seems good at) but I'm not sure how long it will take. Until he finds one though, he had to cut back on some spending so he he had to take a temporary leave. He should hopefully be back in a couple of months.

[This message has been edited by Vinadri (edited May 05, 2001).]

7. Taluntain

Media:
    Ugh, that sucks. I wish him all the luck.

About the speech: nope, it's the same in all the movies thus far. I have them all here on my HD, so I know... Only that it was a longer cut of it in the original E3 movie for last year. :p

As for the dracolich... Yea, that one looked mighty nice. The few shots of actual gameplay looked very nice too; very smooth movement and all.
    Too bad about the yet another delay. :(

8. Vinadri Gems: 1/31

another delay? Did I miss something? Or are you talking about the delay until late May/June (more likely June)?

9. Vinadri Gems: 1/31

BTW, I think they include that speech in all of them because it sets the stage up for the story about what it happening. Plus, if you download only one then you'd miss the story if it wasn't in all of them. Of course if you download all of them, seeing Elminister all the time is annoying :)

10. Taluntain

Media:
  11. Vinadri Gems: 1/31

Errr....sorry about the double post. I commented on the one thing. Then realized I wanted to comment on the other but I put it as a new post rather than Edit because it was a different "idea." It won't happen again though. :) I must have missed that rule when I signed up :( Sorry.

I am entering the other topic now.

12. Graptor Gems: 1/31

You wanted to know where all the 3e players are? We've been a bit busy actually playing 3e. Their is actually alot of us who are looking forward to PoR right now. We're also in the middle of playing all the other games. In my group their's eight of us playing different games. I'm playing Torment, D2 and BG1 right now. Another is playing Evercrack, D2, and Ice Wind Dale. I've talked to other gamers and we are all playing on the games and looking forward to PoR, we just don't have time to get on the net and post it. All our spare time is spent playing with and reading all of the new 3e stuff. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.