1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Supreme Weapons?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Hero_Braveheart, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Hero_Braveheart Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi all again.
    I was just wondering how to make and where to get the components for all the really good weapons and armor. Things like "the Equaliser" and "The Flail of ages". basically any items that the dwarf makes up.
    Cheers :)

2. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Things you can make with Cromwell:

The Equalizer - Pommel Jewel of the Equalizer (Irenicus' Dungeon), Hilt of the Equalizer (Mind Flayer City, Underdark), Blade of the Equalizer (Beholder City, Underdark)

Vorpal Sword - Silver Hilt (A Githyanki will approach you in Athkatla in Chapter 6. He has the Hilt. Fight for it), Silver Blade (Saemon Havarian, Spellhold)

Crom Faeyr - Scroll of Crom Faeyr (Shadow Dragon, Temple Ruins), Hammer of Thunderbolts (Illithid Lair, Sewers), Gauntlets of Ogre Power (Planar Sphere)

The Wave Halberd - Wave Blade (Prince, Sahuagin City), Wave Shaft (Planar Prison)

Short Bow of Gesen - Gesen Shaft (Tanner's House, Bridge District), Gesen String (Spellhold)

Mace of Disruption +2 - Mace of Disruption +1 (Bodhi's Lair), Illithium Ore (Bridge District)

Each of the Dragons (except the Silver Dragon) and the Ankheg (found in Windspear Hills) drop their scales/shell which Cromwell can fashion into a suit of armour.

These are items that are NOT made by Cromwell:

Bronze Horn of Valhalla - Silver Horn of Valhalla (The house with fish out front, Bridge District), a Diamond

Iron Horn of Valhalla - Bronze Horn of Valhalla (Maheer, Promenade), a Beljuril (Found in one of the chickens, Umar Hills)

Human Flesh Armour - Human Flesh (Tanner's House, Bridge District), Silver Dragon Blood (Underdark)

Flail of the Ages - Flail Head (Cold, Acid and Fire, all three found in De'Arnise Keep)

Maheer can be found just southwest of the Adventurer's Mart. There's a secret room at the back on the ground floor of the De'Arnise Keep where you can make the flail. The Human Flesh Armour is made by a guy selling books outside the inn in Umar Hills.

All the items above are recommended except for the Human Flesh Armour. You have far better options by the time you get to make it. Also, some would prefer to use the items needed for the Crom Faeyr. It depends on your playing style.

3. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

IMO the Equaliser is the most difficult to attain, it SUX.

4. Rhythm Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Yes, by the time you're out of the Underdark you will probably have better choices in weaponry however you should have the components anyway unlike the Human Flesh Armour, which in getting will deprieve you of much experience points. :rolleyes:

5. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I killed the bloody silver dragon after the escape...
    :D

6. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Eeeevil... :toofar:
    (hihi, did that too :cool: :shake: )

7. Hero_Braveheart Gems: 1/31

thanks all that helps alot

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

BTW, the Crom Fayer also requires the Girdle of Frost Giant Strength. Think its in the Underdark being held by a Demon Knight near the exit, but I can't be sure.

9. Rhythm Gems: 11/31

Veteran

:doh: Can't believe I missed that! Yep, it's held by one of the summoned Demon Knights in the Kuo-Toa Lair. Another reason why it's a good idea to keep Crom Faeyr disassembled. A lot of good items are needed to make it.

10. Youko Bazuttu Gems: 1/31

na none of those items are too hard to attain, some of which you aquire on your way through the game(assuming your not a slacker)

11. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG]
    If my mind doesn't trick me,Nizidramanii'yt doesn't drop his scales.

12. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Slightly off topic but, I think one of the best weapons for the Tactics mod is an unenchanted Katana. No really, stop laughing :p . think of all the mages that cast protection from magical weapons and follow up with SI: Abjuration, making it un-breachable, then you still have a common, old but trusty normal Katana.

13. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hrmm, looks like I have some replaying to do.
    Equalizer is a lousy weapon though, but all of these - useful or not - are simply cool to have, like Lots And Lots of gold is cool to have, and some other thing you get somewhere in Spellhold after *Big Surprise* has happened - you just want to carry it around.
    Well, I do anyways
    NB Hero_Braveheart if you would like me to spoil the Big Surprise let me know PM or reply here and I'll PM or edit to let you know

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.