1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Super Power?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Voltric, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Here is a little of an off the wall question, maybe something a shrink would ask you. The answer is more about you then anything else.

If you could have ONE super power what would it be?

To keep it fair I'll go first.

I'd take Mind Control.

2. Kerric Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hmmmm. Though choice.....
    But I think I would go for Mind Control.
    The ability to control people with my mind. Just think all the fun you could have at the beach.
    All the hot woman suddenely have the crave to take off their bikini :D

3. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The ability to hold my breath for 10 minutes, like my hero, Guybrush Threepwood!
    Maybe x-ray vision would have been nice too though.

4. Killer Dwarf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Invonrability

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmmm...A good question! I would say either, flying or invisibility. With invisibility winning out.

Maybe an Adamantium Skeleton frame, with blades coming out of my knuckles at will - that would be cool - but not very practical...I'll stick with invisibility.

6. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Probably the ability to summon an avatar or such. That might be usable. :mad:

[This message has been edited by Brega (edited August 14, 2001).]

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmm mindcontrol would be nice i think it is the single most powerful power. Damn i would rule the world in a matter of days > :D

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Now mind-reading would be the perfect ability for the paranoiac. To be able to tell if people really are engaged in an elaborate plot to humiliate you by pretending to false friendship..... no, on second thoughts, they might get wise to it and mask their thoughts so... AAAAAAAAAARGGGH...everyone's after me.....!!
    :D :D :D :D

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited August 14, 2001).]

9. PowerPuff Guest

[​IMG] Let me see... telekinesis would be nice. I thought about "flying", but realized it would be a lot more fun to make other people fly... against their will, of course...

10. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Pollymorph. Allowing you to assume the form of anything you want.

Want to fly no problem.
    Become invisible how ablut something small like a bug.

11. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I think that I will opt for resistance to mind control. ;)

12. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

be able to use and understand 100% of the brains capacity

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 14, 2001).]

13. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'd want Superman's powers! (of course)

If limited to one I'd pick tactile telekinesis. The effect of which would be that I could move anything that came within a 12 inch area of my body.

By moving the air, I could fly
    By manipulationg material, I could lift heavy objects
    etc. . .

in effect, I'd be Superman!

14. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

either invincibility or the ladies man's power (a chick magnet). Ah what the hell am I talking about I already am so guess I better go with invincibility.

15. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

A lillte bit off topic, just a comment to what Lokken wrote:

Brain is one of the organs of the human body that doesn't ever get a rest. If by chance you start using it to its full 100% potential you wouldn't last more than 3-4 days and die of brain deterioration(sp?). The brain is utilised normally to 10% of its capacity, 20% - for super intelligent, 30% - for geniuses.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hardly.

Today's Question:

What percentage of our brain do we use?

The Answer:

We use 100% of our brain.

The idea that we only use a small percentage of our brain is a myth. This isn't to say that the popular media and some very influential thinkers haven't contributed to this misconception.

Physicist Albert Einstein and anthropologist Margaret Mead have been attributed to statements that humans only use a small portion of their brains. And the advertising industry is guilty of using the idea to sell their products.

Regardless of its origin, experts in the field of neurology seem quite certain that although certain pathways in the brain may be working at different activity levels, all parts of the brain are always being used—even during sleep.

Here is a link to a page called Do We Only Use 10% of our Brain, which has more information about the topic: http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I would say Flying... no problems in heavy traffic etc.... Why should I have Mind Control? I don't want to control the mind of others.. just give me something where I can have fun with...

18. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Turn back time, that way I could fix my mistakes. Did something wrong? No problem go back and do it again! Sound familiar? Re-loading, it will do it to you ;)

19. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Invonrability!

:D
    Try & hit me now! :D
    Muahahaa

20. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The ability to see that the world is what u make of it and therefore be able to cast spells as per Mage:The Ascession, where i will basically believe that something happens, and it does.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.