1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupid Things To Say To Your Significant Other

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Something you've said, you've heard others say. Or something you would never say but just want to help the rest of us out.
    -My ex-girlfriend is coming over for dinner tomorrow night while you're working late
    -I decided to leave the toilet seat up for your conveniance
    -I'm just going to lay here, you do all the work

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

'You're beautiful!'
    'Yes but, what else?'
    'What else ... is there?'

- From The Swan Princess :grin:

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Real life scene: my friend going out with this vegetarian girl, he was a bit tipsy after a couple of pints. Hungry too, so they went to a take away and he offered to buy her a burger.

She: "I am sorry, but I am a vegetarian and I think that eating meat is wrong."
    Friend: "But you cannot help the cow by not eating the meat... it's already dead!"

4. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Guy: Honey, get me a beer!
    SO: Here is your beer. What game are you watching?
    Guy: Duh...its the Jets game.
    SO: Who is winning.
    Guy: Umm...what did you say?
    SO: Nevermind, have fun. I'm going next door to Mary's.
    Guy: Please, I'm watching the game.
    SO: We are out of beer. Thought I would just run out and rob the quickie mart. Do you need chips?
    Guy: Whatever sweetie...have fun.

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

this always does it:

there's been a change in plans hon...

never fails to piss her off :eek:

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    A stupid thing to say is to say how much you care. If you do that, you're dead and buried.

7. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I've a bad habit of offering a truthful opinion to anyone and everyone. If I think someone is being a prick, I tell them. If I think something makes a girl look like a tramp (and they are my friend) I'll tell them. If someone does something to piss me off, I tell them. So, as you can guess my honest and expressive behavior usually leads to red cheeks.

"Just because I love you doesn't mean I'm always going to take your side." (Run for the hills guys and don't look back).

"No. That doesn't make you look like a harlot. Harlots have class. That just makes you look like a whore." (Wasn't a nice thing to say but it had to be said... felt good too.)

"Who was I hugging? Oh, that's 'Nika - my ex. I'd just spent the day with her." (Nothing happened so I didn't think this sounded very dodgy till about half a second after.)

8. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

"I think that you have gained weight baby"

And all hell breaks loose...

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Any answer to the following question:

"Do you think this/these dress/skirt/blouse/pants/socks/earings/etc. make me look fat?"

Edit: I see BOC posted something similar while I was typing. ;)

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

while i'm of the same disposition as you've described yourself, in this instance i would generally just say something like "no, dont wear that" haha

oh, another thing that you say (although USUALLY ;) truthful) that will always piss them off is:

"no. you're wrong."

tell the boys to get the beer out, its time for a boys' night out and time to contemplate how something that was created out of your rib can so thoroughly kick your ass hehe

11. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Women are the same everywhere Splunge.

I've just remembered something that a friend of mine has said:

She: Honey our anniversary is tommorow, we have been together for 3 years. Where are we going to celebrate it?
    He: Really? Ahem.. you know I have arranged to go to watch a football game tomorrow.

And then he had to run for his life.

12. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

And why is the answer always come out like "You remind me distinctly of a hippopotmus." ;)

13. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

quote:

"Do you think this/these dress/skirt/blouse/pants/socks/earings/etc. make me look fat?"

"Sure, blame it on the outfit."

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I once told my wife (back when we were dating) that she had the cutest chipmunk cheeks. That one was used to beat me in public for years after!

I'm also learning not to say, "What did you do today?" My wife is a stay at home mom, so when I come home and ask that, her assumption is that I *must* be implying that she hasn't done anything all day. So instead of answering, "Me and the baby colored and took a walk" I get, "You don't know what its like to have a pile of laundry, a sink of dishes and a baby that hangs on you all the time."

At that point nothing I say will help, so I immediately start doing the chores she thinks I think she was supposed to do all day.

15. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I hear you Math. My wife is a teacher and is home all summer with the kids. Try something like "The place looks great, how was your day?" instead. That way she can tell you all about what the kid(s) did and forget about the chores, unless she really wants to talk about how much work she's done.

16. chevalier

Media:
    I hate the anniversary frenzy and I never hesitate to lecture people on that. Brrr... awful. Oh please, celebrating wedding anniversaries is a nice custom if someone cares, but please, please, please, no damned anniversaries of first kissing/hugging/holding hands/sex or whatever. It's so brainless it frightens me. I wield Ockham's Razor and I can and will use it! :almostmad: :bigeyes:

@Abomination: Yeah, honest answers... What about honest answers to questions like "why are you upset with me?"? "Because you flirt with every guy that crosses your way"...

17. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I pissed of my ex by saying:

"If you want to F*ck that arrogant bastard that destroyed our relationship, just do it!"

She replied with:
    "Yes I will!"

and the conversation was over...

18. chevalier

Media:
    That reminds me of:

"**** you!"
    "Whomever you want, darling"

19. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Things you never say to your significant other...

When asked "do these jeans make me look fat?" answering "No...but your ass does."

20. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Autch; I bet you had one or two things to explain two seconds After the Nuke. :D

Not to my "significant other", but to a friend:

"--Great, then you just need to get a suit as wide as it is tall."

She happened to be a bit round, so it was only natural for my twisted little humour to make a joke of that, but it was far worse because I didn't even realize I was making one. Then people ask why I'm trying to guard my tongue. :shake:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.