1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupid (re)installation problem - please help!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Void, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Void Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I finally installed one too many BG2 mods, and things started to go wrong, so I decided it was time for a clean install of the game. Anyway, I uninstalled it in the correct way (through the control panel), then deleted the various mods, saved games, etc. from the BGII - SoA folder. Now, when I go to install it again, my computer seems to think it's already installed. It's still in the add/remove programs list etc. and if I directly run setup.exe from the disc, it tries to uninstall it but doesn't actually do anything. If I go to the main BG2 menu, it just has a 'play' option and no install/uninstall ones... I can't seem to delete the BG2 folder now - it says it's being used by another program, but there's nothing left in it.

Does anyone know of some way to fix this (the registry files that verify that BG2 is installed, perhaps?). I'm running XP home BTW.

2. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You might have to remove the install key from the registry (using regedit). I can't remember exactly where it is, as it's awhile since I've done it, but check on Microsoft support website (microsoft.com/support) and there will be details on how to do it.

You could just do a search in Regedit for all occurences of Baldur and delete any entries related to this. Be careful though, as you might affect something else if you're not careful.

I have noticed before, that if uninstalling TOB, it sometimes did the SOA part separately and would screw up once in a while.

3. Void Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Whoo! Overzealous deleting of registry files has SOLVED one of my problems! Amazing! (Thanks Bard)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.