1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stuck in Planar Prison

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by StarHunter, Nov 2, 2020.

1. StarHunter Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I started the Planar Prison quest, cleared out the map and when I got to the end all I found was Haer'Dalis. I went back to the auto save when I entered and found Raelis Shai outside the Shadow Thiever guild hall. Unfortunately the last save I have before is DAYS of real time play before. Can some please tell me how to get out of prison?

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm not sure why Realis Shai was outside the shadow thieves guild hall, I can't remember her ever being there, but it seems like it bugged out somewhere.

Maybe you can use console commands to warp to a different area? That won't finish the quest, I'm afraid, so that might affect your possibility of getting Hear'Dalis in your party.

3. StarHunter Gems: 1/31

Well I've never been fond of bards anyway, but I hate to give up all that xp. As far as console, I've never used it and don't know how.

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

To get back to bridge district.

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0510")

That doesn't help you out with the quest stuff unfortunately.

In the meantime I'm gonna look around a bit to see if there's an obvious flag you could change.

5. StarHunter Gems: 1/31

Seems I have more than one problem. I didn't follow what's his name immediately when approached about the unseeing eye, and when I go to the temple now he just says "got nuthin for ya right now"

6. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I really wish there was more documentation with the quest flags and all that. Because theres probably just one marker to change in eekeeper. But I couldn't begin to guess what.

e:

Loaded up my game and found a few things. The only save I have just got out of Irenicus dungeon and went straight to the temples so some stuff was easy to find.

AFTER starting the Unseeing Eye quest with Lothander and going no further I have these entries:

CDWORKINGFORLATHANDER 1
    and
    GAALSPOKE 1

So if you're familiar with eekeeper you may get results by testing those and see if it detects you as having started the quest. believe you also could straight from console but am in too much of a hurry to get the details right.

I might experiment a little when i get home from work.

Here's an old thread to give you more ideas: https://sorcerers.net/community/threads/gaal-dialog-dawnmaster-wont-talk-to-me.68455/

just keep googling those flags and might find something better.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  7. Gallowglass Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Veteran

Perhaps by now you've resolved your problems, @StarHunter.

However, your game is (was?) clearly rather messed up, since both of the problems you describe are not at all normal behaviour. It sounds rather like the sort of thing which can happen when incompatible mods are installed, so I wonder: is your game modded at all?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.