1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stuck in Od Nua

Discussion in 'Pillars of Eternity' started by Shardnax, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Shardnax Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Does anyone know how to progress on level 13? I've killed everything, finished the quest above, and talked to all the spirits that popped up but I can't figure out what to do next. There's no way that I can see to open the door in the middle of the level or the blocked passageway further along

Scanning the Obsidian forums tells me I have to complete more of the main quest, what a drag :p.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

There are a couple of things. You may need to do more of the main quest, though I can't say for certain. It helps to complete the Heritage Hill section of Defiance Bay.

There's someone in that area who can teach you ancient Engwithan, which comes in handy on the lower levels of the Endless Paths dungeon.

However, the real problem may also be that you haven't spoken to a particular spirit on the 13th level. I had this same problem of not being able to get past the door you mention. That is, until I found a spirit that I'd overlooked and talked to him.

The spirit gives you a pass phrase that is supposed to open the door. But beware, the phrase he gives you may be not exactly correct, as you will see when you try to open the door with it. But don't despair. Once you realize this, you'll still be able to get the door open.

3. Ineth

Ineth Instigator Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Worse yet, you have to
    talk to the spirit after talking to the door at least once, otherwise the option for asking the spirit for the password doesn't come up.

I was kinda stuck there too for a while, because I was sure I had already talked to everyone and nothing had come up.

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Once you get past the door, there is a
    spirit of a king
    who is pretty tough, then down to the last level there is an
    adra dragon
    who is deadly to my level 10 party. Has anybody beat it yet? If so at what level and with what tactics?

5. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

I was a wuss on my first run-thru. I took the (somewhat) non-violent way to resolve the issue and still get treasure.

6. Ineth

Ineth Instigator Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You can resolve that encounter peacefully, with the same reward.

My main character was level 11, companions between 10 and 11.

Tactics that will lead to victory in this fight:

1. Petrify.
    2. Seriously, petrify. It makes a gigantic difference in this fight. Wizards have a spell for it, and you can also find/craft scrolls for it that anyone with sufficient lore can cast.
    3. Don't allow her to catch your whole party with her cone-shaped AOE attack; spread out and surround her.
    4. If you agree to do the (evil-ish) task she ask for, but then when the time comes rat her our instead of following through on it, you can gain a per-encounter special ability which can be used against her and others of her kind. Then come back to fight her with it. It won't make a huge difference, certainly not nearly as much as petrify makes, but hey, why not both - every little bit helps, right? :p
    5. Abuse the fact that when you talk your way out of the fight at first, she'll turn blue-circle and when you come back you can position yourself like you want. Even if you betrayed her in the meantime (see previous point). She doesn't even care if you plant a foe-only trap right on top of her, which will trigger once combat starts. ;)
      And you can even go to the back of the room and kill some of her annoying minions first; while doing so will turn her hostile, she won't immediately move towards you if you're too far away.
    6. Buff your party members with food items beforehand, especially the ones that give +2 to important attributes for 5 minutes. You don't find many of them in loot, but you find lots of ingredients for them, so you can "cook" them yourself using the crafting menu. Taverns also sell them ready-made.
    7. Did I mention petrify?

7. Shardnax Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

It warrants multiple suggestions considering how powerful it is :grin:. Can she fit through the path to the treasure?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.