1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stuck in Arcanum...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Volar Blackmane, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'm trying to get inside the Wheel clan. I need the glasses made of that weird crystal to see the entrance. The question is where I can get the said crystal from. There's this guy in the coastal town who could make them if I just would find some crystal. And don't even suggest going back to the island, the ship's captain only says something like 'Goodbye <charname>, I hope we'll meet again.' Anyone?

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] I'm at exactly the same problem as you are just now. Having looked at a few other boards, apparently they are fairly common, appearing in dungeons and a few shop keepers inventories. Try going to some dungeons that you haven't been to before like the Ancient Maze etc.

If I find one, I'll tell you where I got it.

3. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hi Volar,

You were talking about Kathorn Crystal?
    It can't even be found on the Isle of Despair, so don't worry about that. The Crystal is randomly spawned in barrels, Magick Chests, Mystical chests, Dwarfen Chests etc. in different dungeons. Before I reached the Wheel Clan quest, I encountered 10 or more of them, bot sold them, because I didn't know what to do with them :almostmad:

Spoilers Below:

You can try and search the barrels and chests in the Tarant sewers. Not the part with the rats, but the BIG one you can enter through a trap door in the most Southeastern part. It's just near the witch that identifies things for ya. There are badass monsters down there, so that is not allways a solution.

So you can also check out coordinates: W:1230 S:1530. There is a wolf cave with some random chests there.

Or go to the Ancient Maze on Coordinates: W:1367 S:1582. A lot of Chests there, which can spawn a kathorn crystal. Don't bother about the sword in the middle, it's a joke from Trioka.

If these chests didn't spawn a crystal, ask me for more spoils if you want them. These locations can normally be found by exploring or listening to rumours from the townspeople.

Another side note: some stuff in arcanum looks useless at first, but can be needed in the future for some kind of quest.

example: The gods quest later in the game requeres 12 offerings, which are usually things you find early in the game at a specifik location and not anywhere else. If you sell these things, you will never be able to finish these quests, because the shopkeepers refresh their inventory every day.

Most players keep their things stored in chests of dungeons or buildings they cleared before, so they can go back to it later when the need for the stuff arrises. I use the warehouse in Tarant which you cleared from rats for example. I only sell equipment and weaponry I don't need, the rest I keep.

Hope this helped, and if you need any more spoils, just say so :D

4. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

[​IMG] A small question about the sword in the maze: Couldn't you use the Conveyance spell Teleportation to get the sword in the maze? I don't know as I'm playing with a techie at the moment.

[Edit] Woohoo! Just found one of those gems in the ancient maze :D [/Edit]

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited September 28, 2001).]

5. Igneous Gems: 6/31

Nope, there is NO known way of getting to that sword in any legal way. The spell Spatial Distortion from the Conveyance college can only transport you to a place in your line of sight. I read a discussion about it on the Sierra boards, where different players demonstrated everything they knew what could be possibly done to get that sword was done, but with no luck whatsoever. Someone did manage to get there with the help of a rare displacement bug, but couldn;t get out ;)

Someone who knew how to use the world editor packed with the game, took the trouble to check the stats of that sword. It's an Arcane Great Sword, the best possible magic sword in the game.

It can be bought from the witches at the sides of town too, when you sleep for a day and check their inventory every time. Those witches spawn every 'normal' magic item in the game, if you have the patience too wait, do so. I got my arcane staff that way. :D

6. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Erm... Any item editors for this game? I fear I might have sold some of the stuff for the 'gods quest' you mentioned, I always try to get some money in the start and well... Reminds me of sierra's old text-based games where you could give equipment you needed to solve the game to any npcs.

7. Igneous Gems: 6/31

I don't know if there are any item editors around now, you can try and check www.terra-arcanum.com in the mods section. They have a lvl cap remover there too (50 is easy to get to if you're still halfway the game, ruins the fun if you can't level any more)

Their forums are a spammy winers mess, but the rest of the content is ok.

I started over because I sold all those thingies you need later on and messed up some quests. I couldn't find a damn Kathorn Crystal either when it was finally needed... I misplaced some points, so it wasn;t that a big deal :1eye:

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

[​IMG] I was looking at the Terra-Arcanum boards, and I found a few good easter eggs :)

First off, if you go to the coordinates 1060, 809 on the map (It has to be exact because no symbol will appear on the map), you will come across a path. If you follow it southwards, you will find a graveyard. On the gravestones, they have funny quotes and mention people who I would assume either helped out on the game, or beta tested the game. For example one about Calis (Webmaster of Terra-Arcanum):
    :grin:

Another which I mentioned to Igenous in the Chatroom was the similiarity between G. Bates's name and B.Gates :D G.Bates who stole the 'steam engine', and who has a rival Applesby, who could never get the 'steam engine' to work properly. :grin: :D :grin:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.