1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strongholds

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by caldurin, Apr 22, 2004.

1. caldurin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I was wondering if multiclass characters where able to do a stronghold and if so, which character class determines the stronghold. Thanks

2. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I don't know about multiclassed, but I do know that it's possible for a dual fighter/mage to get both the d'Arnise Hold and the Planar Sphere if done properly.

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Multiclassed get the stronghold of whichever of their classes is finished first.

4. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

You can get multiple strongholds only if you're fighter/something. You can get the "somthing" stronghold if, and only if, you start it first. You can then get the fighter stronghold after.

5. caldurin Gems: 1/31

So my ranger/cleric is going to have to wait till he is max level in one of these classes to get the stronghold or is it just the class that has more levels at the time I try to take a stronghold.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    It's whichever one you do first. It has nothing to do with what level you are. If you do the Umar Hills first, you'll get the ranger stronghold (the better choice IMO). If you do the Unseeing Eye quest first, you'll get the cleric stronghold.

7. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

In my experience, you can pick whichever one of the two strongholds you wish. For example, I played as a cleric/mage and finished the Unseeing eye first; they offered me the priest stronghold, but I refused it. After I did the Planar Sphere I got the mage stronghold.

I do not know if this will hold with other combinations, but I think it will.

8. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Khaavern is right; you get whichever stronghold you accept first. After you accept one, you cannot get any other stronghold (unless you count the bug with the fighter's).

9. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yes, you would have the option of 2 or 3 strongholds depending on your class but can only pick one.

10. caldurin Gems: 1/31

Okay thanks for all your help.

11. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Try to use the ease-of-use mod. Having multiple strongholds are just for fun since most of them are rather worthless. Except for the idea of having your own stronghold ;)

12. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

There is a patch or mod available so you can play all strongholds, doesn't matter what class or race.
    But don't play them all at once, because there is a slight chance you can't complete all.
    But hey, is there a stronghold for monks?

13. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The Monks stronghold is D'Arnise Keep, same with Barbarians and all fighters.

14. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31

Well that's a good stronghold, because i like monks very well.

15. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Can someone tell me some stuff about planar sphere: I've don't the quest but weren't a wizard.
    Is it any good, does it require lots of time that sort of stuff, I'm planning to legally get BG2 and add ToB to my collection soon which means I'll do a complete replay, probably with a sorcerer.

16. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31

You get some mage students under control who are going to find something for you, can choose what, but the more powerfull the item, the higher the chance is they die, and if they all stay alive till the end of the stronghold you get an massive mage item(s)

17. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

No, if they all live you get some decent XP, but you will have to give up the best items (which you may not get anyway).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.