1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stronghold - Unit Strength

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Starquizer, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Starquizer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

How could I improve the unit strength. I am at 80% and my report says that my unit strength is Average. Do garrisoning and trainning improve the unit strength ?

My Report is like that:

GENERAL
    Time Passed: 80%
    Number of Recruits: 194
    Merchants: 74
    Peasents: 72
    Peasent Civility: High
    Morale: Very High

GREYCLOAKS
    Number: 386
    Volunteers: 161
    Recruits: 164
    Greycloak Civility: High
    Training: Best of the Best
    Unit Strength: Average here is the problem
    Weapons: Best
    Armor: Best

SERGEANTS
    Katriona: Assigned to Patrolling Roads, Lands
    Bevil: Assigned to Patrolling Roads
    Light of Heavens: Assigned to Recruiting
    Jalboun: Assigned to Special Assignments

SECURITY
    Fortifications: Reinforced Towers
    Land Security: Very High
    Road Security: Very High
    Road Conditions: Renovated with Watch Towers and New Bridges

2. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

It's kind of late in the game to do much about that, and it's not that it will have any impact on the main game.

What puzzles me is, that you don't have many peasants or merchants.

I wonder if you have botched some of the Special Missions and Scripted Events that have an impact on that.

Another thing is that doing all the Fortifications at Crossroad Keep and patrolling lands will have a direct impact on attracting more peasants, and that means more volunteers for your Greycloaks.

You actually don't have to put a sergeant on recruiting, or putting your Greycloak troops to it either. If you attract enough peasants, you will get a lot of volunteers.

I can see that you have done all Fortifications and your Land Security is the highest you can get, so that also puzzles me.

Doing all the Road upgrades and patrolling the roads will attract more merchants, and again it looks like you done that.

But what I can't see right now is what your Greycloaks troops are assigned to?

Anyway, what you can try is either letting Light of Heavens continue recruiting and put your Greycloak troops to do the same, attracting more recruits.

Or split your Greycloaks between patrolling Land and Roads, put Light of Heavens on patrolling Lands too and attract more volunteers.

And if you haven't hit the Scripted Event about Consriptions, you will soon. Choose not to conscribe any

But don't worry, while it is fun to get a perfect Crossroad Keep up and running, it's just a kind of mini game in the game and won't affect the main game and quest.

3. Starquizer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Firstly, thanks for your answer.

Secondly, I don't know if this is related to my NWN version. But I am using v1.00 without any patches; because this game was some kind presented to me on an occasion so its not the original CD so any patch won't work. So is my problem related to my version.

4. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Yes it is.

Since we're at patch 1.23, you can see that a lot of bugs was fixed after release.

I understand you don't have a legally obtained copy of the game, so you can't patch and fix those bugs.

And you won't get any help neither here nor any other website because of that.

So I would advice you to buy the game if you want to go further.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.