1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strange Pathfinding/Stuttering problem

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by RoGuEmOnKeY, Aug 14, 2003.

1. RoGuEmOnKeY Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Whenever I tell my party to move somewhere, they start to move but their animations are jerky asn they appear to stop every few seconds and shift their weapon. Also sometimes they will simply stop moving. Any suggestions?

2. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm no expert, but maybe you should try screwing a bit around with the graphical settings?

Or maybe you should decrease the amount of cache the game can use (this will enable your computer to run faster).

3. RoGuEmOnKeY Gems: 1/31

I would, but it only happens in this one game. I have four others on the go and have not experienced this with any of them.

4. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Do you have any concurrent romance or happy party mods installed?

edit: fixed a typo

5. RoGuEmOnKeY Gems: 1/31

Yes I do. Is there a possible conflict or problem?

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Probably, don't know what it is though... You could maybe try to uninstall some of them....

7. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

I had a similar problem with a multi-romance patch that was buggy. Essentially one of the NPCs got stuck in a loop of "I'm breaking up" and the patch saying "No you're not." This resulted in them doing a stutter step, i.e. walking a half step and stopping. If this is the same problem you're having, it should be easy to spot, since it will only affect the romancee or whoever is being "forced" to stay in the party (i.e. evil characters in a rep 20 party).

8. RoGuEmOnKeY Gems: 1/31

I have noticed it with my evil rep. 20 party members and I'll uninstall those patches. However it happens with my main chara as well. Any other ideas?

9. Daek Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Not sure how much this'll help but...

I've experienced the same exact problem with Jaheira and Viconia stuttering. I actually posted a similar message shortly after yours because I had done a search on the forum with no luck. The problem seems to occur after LOVETALK 58 (If you use shadow keeper, it's under Jaheira's Affects)

Once the LOVETALK occurs, where Jaheira complains only if the main character had been like everyone said he should be, the JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE and VICONIAROMANCEACTIVE values change from 1 and 1 to 2 and 3 respectively. I found that changing these numbers back to 1 and 1 corrected the problem.

Please be advised that I just changed this and have no idea how this will impact the romance script in the future. I'm doing a legacy game save so that I have a clean starting point to work from for both before and after LOVETALK 58.

If it turns out to cause a future problem in the game, I'll update the post.

10. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I had a stuttering problem with Aerie a while ago.
    If you told her to move somewhere she would take two steps then stop. This happeded after I installed the NPC flirt and a concurren? romance mods installed.
    If you remove the mods, kick everyone out of your party, then let them back it everything should work again.

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Before doing that, try doing a clean reboot of your PC, then load up BG2 without starting any other programs. I know from experience that some Windows programs (Explorer comes to mind) do not close properly and cause problems with the IE engine.

12. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

i had the same problem and it was fixed when i restarted the comp three times by the reset button3 times, dumps all the data on the motherboard.

13. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

RogueMonkey: See my reply to Daek's thread in the ToB forum.

14. pylon_man Gems: 1/31

Have you recently accepted Adalon's quest?

"No Drow Avatars on Party In Underdark
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Adalon the Silver Dragon normally changes the party to look like drow
    cosmetically. Unfortunately, the game engine has a number of bugs related
    to this that cause the PCs to "stutter" and "stop walking" and whatnot
    (especially if they have regeneration items). This disable the cosmetic
    drow avatar bit only: the plot remains unchanged. "

That is taken directly from Weidu's Ease-of-Use mod readme. Installing this may prevent future problems.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.