1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strange party problem

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sparhawk the Pandion, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I've just been doing Watcher's Keep and I'm encountering a very strange problem with Valygar. He's in my party, but I cannot select him, thus I can't make him move, attack or do anything. He acts according to his script, but that's all. Should I try to access his inventory, all I get is the blanked out screen such as if he was confused. I've tried killing and resurrecting him and threatening to kick him out but not, as well as leaving WK and actually kicking him out, Ctrl-R, remove curse, dispel/remove magic, etc but nothing fixes the problem. When I did kick him out, I couldn't talk to him to take him back in the party.

I have a feeling it's because of my haphazard mod installation method...perhaps a reinstall is in order.

Has anybody seen this before?

2. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Got the patch installed?

(and btw, isn't it Spearhawk?) :)

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Which mods and in what order did you install them? You're probably right about that being the cause, but let's see.

4. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

This is probably a very stupid suggestion, but have you tried resting? In my experience, some effects can't be dispelled and you just have to wait for them to run out. But killing and resurrecting him should probably do the same...

Anyway, I don't know. Do you have a savegame from before this happened? Maybe you can reload and hope it was just a onetime bug or something...

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

What about just checking if he is under any sort of spell or effect?

6. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

It most certainly is NOT Spearhawk :p

Let's see...I have the patch, the BD patch, and quite a few Weidu ones- Tashia, a couple of item packs etc, but I think I also installed some non-Weidu ones a while ago in between the various Weidu mods (a happy party one I had I think). I also installed Tashia last; it used an older version of Weidu than the one before.

This problem started in the Yakman level of WK, and lasted all the way down to Demogorgon..I've rested since then.

And as I said, I've tried dispelling, remove curse, remove disease etc...I even tried Ctrl-R which usually gets rid of anything.

More details: whenever I come out of one the portals, Valygar is there with my party, and for about 2 seconds I can select him. Then the green outline leaves his box and I can't click on him. However if it's any other exit requiring the whole party (i.e the doors to the horde/dragon/imp on the bottom level of WK) I have to kick him out to progress.

I think I'll just have to either go miles back (I've been quite lax on this game and been using the Quicksave far too much) or just back up the saves and reinstall.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

That's the problem right there. You'll pretty much have to totally reinstall ToB + SoA. As for that saved game, if you can tolerate playing like that, go ahead and use it, otherwise there's nothing you can do but to restart.

For Future Reference on installing mods:
    ToB + patch
    BD
    Non-WeiDU mods (You really should only install one, max)
    WeiDU-mods (order doesn't matter for most, read the readme)

8. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

I thought that might be the case. I've put too much into Valygar to start using another character now.

Guess it's back to the beginning for me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.