1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strange bug

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sparhawk the Pandion, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I've experienced a weird bug in my latest run through ToB.

Jaheira's spell progression became that of the cleric. Imagine my irritation when she finally got to level 15 and got ONE new level 7. Has anyone ever seen this before? Is it likely to happen again next game?

I've got the patch, BD, Kelsey, Tashia, Ease of Use, the Banter Packs and some item things that I'm about to uninstall.

I also discovered that you can go back in WK after you read Helm's Scroll. Now that's a cheesy way to get 200,000 quest XP.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    You're going to need to refresh my memory a little bit because I don't have the druids level progression table in front of me. The level where you are supposed to get a huge bonus of spells (as a druid) is when they hit whatever level occurs at 3 million XP. The level that you reach at 1.5 million XP gives you only one seventh level spell. I think it's the 3 million XP mark where you greatly increase the number of 6th and 7th level spells available.

Going back into WK is a known cheese technique.

3. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

When she hit level 15-3 million druid XP, 6 million overall. She should have had 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6. Instead she had: 6, 6, 6, 6, 4, 2 ,1. That's Cleric level 15.

My mistake: she didn't gain any level 7s, she kept the 1 she already had.

I SKed her spells to the proper numbers but they'd reset at every levelup.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You know, that supposed huge level 15 bonus is something I've never understood. According to the priest spell progression for 2nd Edition d&d at Gamebanshee, there is no great difference between 14 and 15. IIRC, the BG2 manual for spells basically has the same table. Can someone explain to me where this bonus supposedly comes from?

5. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

The BG2:ToB manual has the same spell progression I listed; the SoA manual doesn't list any Druid tables. From looking at that site it uses the Priest progression tables; the game uses different Druid ones instead of basic priest ones. It makes sense because the levelling requirements are very different. It takes 1.5 mill to go from 14 to 15...I'd be expecting a large bonus for that :)

I think in PnP level 15 druids are the highest you get...after that they become plane-walking Hierophants or something. One of the first posts I read on here said something about it.

6. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

In PnP, my understanding was that there could only be one druid of level 15 or greater at any time, and to level past 14 you had to defeat the current great druid. They're supposed to get all kinds of powers once they level past 15. Since BG2 can't implement druids this way, they had to bastardize a lot of the XP tables and spell progressions.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.