1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Storylines and where am I!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Bloke with sword, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Does SoA have anything to do with ToB or are they completely seperate story lines?

Also can anyone give me any hints on how to start ToB, as I've only just completed SoA and am kinda stumped as to how i should continue.

Ta very much :)

2. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

TOB continues straight on from SOA and involves a war with a lot of VERY powerful Bhaalspawn all vying for power.

Bit confused about the comment re how to start TOB. Once you finish SOA, the game automatically moves you to the start of TOB. It's not like you have a choice in the matter or anything. What stage in SOA are you at now?

3. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

After you have destroyed Irenicus in the Hell finally, SoA ends, the Elves are happy etc. If you have ToB installed, it will automatically begin after this. If you do not want this to happen, you can start ToB separately, and you can even import your party from a SoA savegame. Good luck!

4. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31

i meant where to go first whos who, etc. (sorry) its just easier if you know all the important places to go to especialy when burning boulders are being hurled at you.

i was also wondering if during ToB you can visit Athkatla?

5. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If burning boulders are being hurled at you, you need to get inside a building. :D

That aside when you start ToB, you cannot go anywhere other than Saradush (well, you can go to your pocket plane, but that's it). The quest is pretty evident once you arrive in what you need to do. There are a couple of side quests inside the city itself that aren't really necessary to complete unless you want to. Only after you finish Saradush can you go move outside the city. The storyline is actually very linear in ToB, so where you go is pretty much decided for you.

Once ToB starts, Athkatla is no longer available -- this includes strongholds.

6. david w Gems: 19/31

If you've only just started TOB, you shouldn't be asking for help with what to do first. Part of the fun of playing a game is discovering that sort of thing for yourself. Having someone tell you where to go and what to do would spoil it.

7. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

You will explore everything while playing ;)
    If you play with middle difficulty or higher, stay away from Fire Giants (and Drow Kensai) though! (So no much melee or they crush you to pudding, as an ogre says in BG1)

8. david w Gems: 19/31

/bit off topic/

The ogre actually says "crush you to GOO!" :p

/end of bit off topic/

9. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

actually u are wrong, he says in the dialogue that he will smash u into pudding, other ogres will attack u and their automatic verbal wutchamacallit is "i will smash your face, crush you to goo" just thought id put my 2 sense in.

10. david w Gems: 19/31

Well, your "2 sense" is much appreciated, but speaking from past experience ogres generally say "I will crush you, crush you to goo". Maybe they say different things in the Land The Dictionary Forgot, but I've yet to hear them. :p

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

"I will crush you, crush you to goo!"

That's the line that ogres say. It's in their soundfiles and matches up character for character with their line in the dialog.tlk file.

12. Varied Sundries Gems: 3/31

Oddly enough, Irenicus in Slayer form will also say the exact same thing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.