1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stll gettng but kicked!!!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by StormRider, Mar 18, 2001.

1. StormRider Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I managed to kill Irenicus :D, and I did the 9hells thing. I am fighting the slayer. Now I got slaughtered the first time bc I didnt know about the demons. So I went back and figued I would do this:
    1)Have Imoen cast time stop
    2)have her cast Spell Strike and breach
    3:Fire Minor sequencer, sequencer and trigger
    Minor-2magic missles, Sequencer-2 magic missles and a melfs acid arrow, trigger- 2 lightning bolts and a chain lightning
    Then when time stop wore off, have my tanks kick his @$$, this was of course after putting pro evil 10ft on my party. See I was under the assumption that Pro Evil stoped the demons from attacking, at least it did everyother time I did it. So the demons slowly, or rather fastly picked my party apart. ANY suggestions would be helpful here. thanx

2. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Have your Ranger pick Demonic/Fell as a racial enemy.

3. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If you're still having problems and you have Imoen casting Time Stop, I recommend:

1. setting the difficulty level down lower.
    2. Distract the demons with the Wizard Eye.
    3. super mario brothers, pokeman edition.
    4. that you might just suck.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Now, now, no need for insults...

I concentrated on one demon at a time and they went down pretty quick...

5. StormRider Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Difficulty setting, maybe I have it set at the highest setting. Toast, you are an ass. You dont even know me and you are going to say something like that. I may not be the best at this game, but it is my first time through, I have it set on the hardest setting and I havent cheated one bit, so shut up.

6. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Prot. from Evil only works on summoned demons,you're on their plane now so it doesn't help. They go down fast if you concentrate on them.If you have 2 tanks I'd send them after different ones and have your others support with ranged as their magic resistance is high. Also since you know what is coming and its the end of the game now's the time to use all your potions and buff out before opening that door.

7. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

i havnt had a problem on the highest setting for a long time, only thing ive ever had to do that was extreme was change into a slayer just to kill the 4 demons fast, so i could start killing irenicus.. but thats was when korgon was my only fighter.. then i just went after irenicus cast every anti protection spell i could, and had everyone fire at him, had to cast heal on korgon like 3 times, but got the job done...

8. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

I had problems too, when I got to the 9 hells. (So some posters ought to shut their freakin' holes)

If you have any healing potions, equip them, and don't be afraid to make sacrifices. If you have Aerie, Jeheira, or Anomen you can raise dead. Also, if you have Staff of the Woodlands, now would be a good time to use it. Skeletons and Spiderspawn don't really last long, but elementals work better.

The only reason that I used Timestop was to heal my party members. Just memorize a crap load of healing spells.

*Be patient and try different combinations when you fight Irenicus again.*

9. toast Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] some of you guys need to lighten up and develop a sense of humor. Not everyone is out to get you. ;)

10. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

super mario brothers, pokemon edition indeed.
    LOL
    :D :D :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.