1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stepping into a story

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Silvery, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I always read before I go to sleep and this has often lead to me dreaming about being in whichever story I've been reading. However, as I know the story I always seem to try and help the characters without changing the plot.

If you could 'step into a book' and help the people in it without changing the plot, which book would it be?

2. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Whenever I feel like helping the chars out, I really wish to change the plot of the book, not to preserve it.
    Especially when chars I like die :( (which happens surprisingly often).

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think I meant changing the ending, not the plot...lack of sleep and caffiene!

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Kama Sutra.

5. Silvery

Media:
    I am sooooo suprised at that....now who was it that came up with the idea for a sarcasm smilie??

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ... but I made you laugh (or at least roll your eyes and smile). :rolleyes: :D

7. Silvery

Media:
    You always do lovely

8. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'd love to step into lots of books. The Wheel of Time sequence would be awesome -- I'd channel my butt off!

I'm trying to think of the dirtiest, nastiest sex scene possible, but an drawing a blank right now. If a title springs to mind, I'll post again.

9. Silvery

Media:
    Ask Kitrax, I'm sure he'll think of something! :lol:

10. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    China Mieville's Un Lun Dun. The only book I can think of offhand where it wouldn't totally suck to be in the world, nevermind the plot. I mean, binjas! It has binjas! Also unbrellas, killer giraffes, black windows, flying busses, really weird houses andandandallsortsofothercoolstuff.
    Pretty much anything Laurell K Hamilton's written in the past, I dunno, decade. Descriptions of fellatio are--apparently--so much more exciting when the recipient has a bunch of tentacles waving from his belly. And then there's the wereswan (actually, lots of werecritter) sex.

I wish I were making that up. Where's the bleach? My brain needs cleaning.

11. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I'm working on my 5th read through just now (even though I should be doing my dissertation.) and I constantly find myself having dreams about it. Although I rarely dream of being able to channel, usually I find myself as a Two Rivers bowman with Perrin... Probably cos everyday my friends remind me how stubborn I am... Either that or I end up with Matt and start using knowledge of our technology & physics to kick ass.

12. T2Bruno

Media:
    Anything by Henry Miller would probably work....

Personally I'd rather be a "SEXY, SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!"

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    ...Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake has FAR too many of those scenes. Ruined the series.

Anyway...Lets see...Garth Nix's Keys to the Kingdom world would be a good one to enter, as would The Black Magician series by Trudi Canavan.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.