1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stats of the Jester's Axe

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Igneous, May 15, 2001.

1. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I finally found that axe I heard Herf talking about in chat, and I'm confused about it's stats too. Does anyone know what kind of effects this axe has exactly?

All you get to know are the speed and the weight of the damn thing... The rest are question marks.

The things I observed myself, as a lvl 13 fighter with 5 stars in axes:

Your stats seem to raise and lower randomly:
    Wis and int get +1 or -1 both

According to which target you attack your constitution an dexterity appear to go up and down. When I hacked down a lot of curst citizens my constitiution went to 1, when I slayed the curst guards it was 25 all of the sudden. The same with dexterity. This I am the least sure about.

While your strenght, dexterity and constitution are all upped to 25, you're in a berserker rage, beyond control, slaying everyone around you, even your party members. This only stops when all targets around your line of sight are gone or dead.

Some of your hits confuse the target, while others make your opponent go berserk too.

Maybe your alignment has something to do with it? I am neutral good now (lawfull is difficult to stay at ;) )

I'm still stuck with a damn enchanted axe now, because the berserk function on this axe kills most of my party members in difficult battles :( Is there anyone out there who knows what the exact stats of the damn thing are? Thanks in advance.

2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That's the point of it. The axe is made of chaos.

3. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Does it raise and lower your stats too? Hey, I need to go get it :)

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I hate axes in this game and I never rely on them. Probably because axes remind me of that bloody ruthless bastard, childkilling bloodthirsty maniac Vhailor. :mad: :mad:
    Anyway, I never trully intended to write anything on this topic. But since I hate even more to see spams in PT forum, here it is:

AXE OF THE JESTER
    Base damage: 1-2 Slashing
    Enchanted: +3
    Special: see below (in parenthesis is probability percentage that effect occurs)
    THAC0: +3
    Speed: 3
    Weight: 2
    Proficiency: Axes
    Usable only by Nameless One (if fighter) and Vhailor

Special:

Wielder affected:
    AC+2 (50%)
    AC-3 (50%)
    INT+2 (35%)
    INT-1 (35%)
    WIS+1 (35%)
    WIS-2 (35%)
    DEX-1 (35%)
    CON-1 (30%)
    Luck+1 (10%)
    Beserk (25%)

Opponent affected:
    Luck+1 (50%)
    2-5 Acid damage (50%)
    1-10 Cold damage (25%)
    4-15 Electricity damage (13%)
    2-20 Fire damage (7%)
    4-25 Slashing damage (4%)
    5-50 Magical damage (2%)
    +1 Poison damage (25%)
    Confusion (15%)

My conclusion is that this weapon should be called “Axe of Vhailor and Ignus brotherhood” - it has much powers, but very risky to use it.

Just like crime - much money to earn but is it worth a risk? (this is a retoric question, please don't spam about it here).

5. Igneous Gems: 6/31

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know. Quess some of my observations were very wrong....

6. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

That axe seems better and better all the time... I'll probably get it for Vhailor, then go around killing and posting a story about it here on the boards just to annoy all you Vhailor haters out there *points accusingly at Extremist* :p

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Please, do that story.
    How long you'll have Vhailor in the party without him killed? :p
    How long will you use that axe? :p
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

So, much for Vhailor and that axe.

8. Igneous Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Good to see some laughs from you again, extremist. I was getting worried lately, when I saw all those :mad: faces around in your latest posts. After all, life is there to be enjoyed to the fullest in te most positif ways :D :D

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Awww, don't you worry, my life is so good that I have to find a balance in VR by using :mad: smiley.

I don't know, seems that I started to like it. :D ;)

10. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I just want to say one thing about your stats going from 1 to 25. That always happens when one of your stats gets below zero. If you don't trust me try eating enough dirty rat tail charms (which lower you charisma by 1) - you'll soon notice you've got 25 char.

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Dear my,

CHR 25 is only needed when improving Nordom. And you can easily get it by casting Friends spell once or twice.

Edit:
    :mad: Why is that thing inside this topic anyway? :mad:

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 21, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.