1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

starting guide?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by uglijimus, Aug 28, 2007.

1. uglijimus Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I wanted to make my first (and small) module for my wife. Something like 2 hours or so to play. I'm not looking to spend to much time on making it so keeping that it mind, are there any good newbie guides for someone who's trying to build smaller modules out there?

thank you

2. diagnull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think NWVault has some tutorials. I can't access the site from work, but it might be here:

nwvault.ign.com/modules/tutorials

But just search the site for "tutorial".

-D

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  4. diagnull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, yeah...you could look there. If you want to do the obvious thing....

:)

5. uglijimus Gems: 6/31

thanks for the advice guys, can't wait to start!

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

7. uglijimus Gems: 6/31

it sure does. i think i'll jump on that one first. it doesn't answer all of my questions, but it seems great for a newbie like myself. thanks!

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

If you have any more questions mate, feel free to ask - more than happy to help where ever you need!

9. uglijimus Gems: 6/31

I've been using the guide you've suggested and it's great. Just using that guide alone, I've created about 30% of what I wanted to! thanks again!

10. Rotku

Great to hear it's going well :)

If you're looking for something a bit more comprehensive to help out with the other 70%, here's a few that might be of use. The first two may seem huge at first - they're not really something you need to read right through, just use them more as references when you need a bit of help in a certain area. The Don't Panic guide is, from what I've heard, the most useful.

Don't Panic - Hitchhiker's Guide to the NWN2 Toolset

The Complete Builders Guide For The Neverwinter Nights 2 Toolset BY NWNmaster

Grand Fromage's Toolset Guide - this is a small handy little guide that goes over some of the little details involved with building a basic area.

11. uglijimus Gems: 6/31

thanks for the guides but I'm only in NWN 1 (^_^)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.