1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Star Wars

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by ejsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The movie, not the satellite network.

So, Lucas has decreed that Episode 3 will not have the Clone Wars in it. It will be immediately following the Clone Wars, about the time when Anakin gets seriously injured and gains Force: Lightening abilities. Along with Jump and Push/Pull and Mind Grip.

Anyways, instead, the Clone Wars will be played out in 3minute clips. On the Cartoon Network. Like, one clip per week.

I could imagine 20 minute episodes, with 10 minutes of commericals in there, just like anything else. But 3 minute clips?

I'm not real fond of Episode1. And although Episode2 was an improvement, it's still underneath the passing grade. And the "Special Editions", of the original Trilogy, are mostly terrible, as well. Greedo shoots first?

No. Just no.

And the original series (before the Special Editions) are not slated (even remotely) to be transferred to DVD. The Special Editions will be, but not the one where Han blasts Greedo just for pointing a weapon at him.

What does everyone else think about this whole cartoon mess, and the Star Wars Dilema in general?

2. Hephaestus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think you've read into it too much. ;) But it would be cool if they just showed the clone wars as a solid movie.

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

The one thing I can agree with in that post ejsmith, is that I wish the cartoons were longer. For all of you to whom this is news, a series of 2-3 minute cartoon shorts will air on Cartoon Network and will be about Anakin and Obi-Wan's adventures on a planet that's war-torn from the Clone Wars. However, this is not the full extent of the Clone Wars in the EU (Expanded Universe, i.e. everything outside of the movies). There's going to be comics, novels, and video games as well.

As for the movies themselves, the real important stuff, the struggles that lead up to the Clone Wars are shown in TPM and the beggining of AOTC, and they break out at the end of AOTC. Lucas indicates that the first half of Episode III will deal roughly with the last battle(s) of the Clone Wars and the rest will deal with their aftermath. Makes sense to me. The amount of action/battle time has been pretty consistent throughout all the SW movies. Nobody's getting short-changed. If you think you are, it's more than likely your biases and in your head. :p

"Something just moved past my leg."

"It's your imagination kid."

4. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    perhaps after lucas has finished with the complete story of starwars, he'll come back to make the clone wars a full sized film

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Shoshino, realistically, that's not going to happen. Now creative fans will create their interpretations of select battles during the Clone Wars I'm sure. Technology is a fan filmmaker's best friend. But Lucas has bigger fish to fry, as he wants to embark on personal projects after SW.

But what I would do for Episodes 7, 8, and 9. You've seen the news about Lucas talking with P Jackson and inviting him over to the Ranch, exchanging ideas and shooting the bull and whatnot. Personally, I think Lucas is impressed that with how PJ has taken LOTR to the big screen, as Lucas never wanted to do it himself, becuase he thought he couldn't do it right.

So this is my hair-brained idea/wish. Lucas comes up with the general story-line for Episodes 7-9 (he already has to a degree, when he planned to make them back in the 70's and 80's) and gives it to PJ top flesh out, write scripts, and direct. Lucas would be the executive producer as he always is. That would be frickin' awesome IMHO. Lucas would get the break from SW he wants and needs, entrusting the storyline he gives PJ to be fleshed out and realized. PJ would do a great job. We'd get more three more episodes as orignally planned/promised. And we get more Luke and how the Jedi Order is rebuilt and more SW coolness.

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I think Lucas is washed up.

He's done. He's throwing grapefruits up there.

1) Undo all the damage he's done so far.

2) Ship him off to Cambodia or McMurdo Sound, or something.

3) Get someone up there who can pitch.

That is all.

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You know, IIRC, Lucas did not direct the first three movies. That's where I think his big mistake was, trying to direct. He's a better producer and technical man. I'd love to see what Peter Jackson or some other skilled director would do with the Star Wars universe. it's depressing to see a great idea and storyline get bogged down the way this one has.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] eww, thats horrible, thats just idiodic. You just don't do that sort of thing

9. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

In my opinion all the Star Wars movies are great(yeah episode 1 rules too)

10. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I think Lucas ruined episode 2 by including the barely skilled actor who plays Anakin, and the whole love thing. Just doesn't fit the whole Star Wars picture.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I love Star Wars, the thing and the whole of the thing. I have a shelf full of books and comics, and I simply LOVE it. I have read all of the books atleast twice, my favourites easily twenty or thirty times. And I have seen all the movies except for Episode 2 so many times I have lost the count. For me, something rather weird has happened... the movie magic has been lost from the screen and moved to the books. The Prequels have lost it, and the books have got it, so to say, Not to say that the movies aren't incredible in their own right, but IMHO the books are so much closer to the spirit of the original trilogy, that all I can say is that when other people drool for screen-shots from Episode 3, I go re-read my books.

*gets off the soap box*

Peter Jackson + Star Wars? YAY!!! That'd be great...

(You know who I am... I am really a Sith Lady in disguise ;P )

12. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Peter Jackson + Star Wars Brilliant!!! Imagine Luke fighting with Frodo for some Lembasbread! lol

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.