1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)
  1. Great Annihilator Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Just intrested to find out if any one has played the new Star Wars RPG from Wizards?

I hear it uses the same game system as 3E. Is it any good? How does it compare to the West End Games SW RPG?

There are rumours hanging around that Black Isle are developing a Star Wars game for the PC based on the BG system.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, Bioware is developing that. And it most definitely will not use BG's rules, since those are from the 2nd edition.
    The Star Wars RPG will most likely use NWN's engine.

3. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

probably, and it it better be more interesting than those fucking episode one games!

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I've read some info on the SW RPG over at the D&D website. From what I've read it looks pretty good. But since the West End one was SO bad being better isn't much of a challenge.

As far as the SW computer game, SW is a rich world with lot of options for coolness let's hope that they don't blow it like 9/10 of the books do.

5. Great Annihilator Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey "Egg"...

...those Ep.1 games for the Play Station were espially BAAAAD!!!

"Jedi Power Battles" was a super turkey!

Although saying that I am still waiting for Battle for Naboo to come out for the N64( sometime in March I think).

6. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Fear not about crappy Episode 1 junk with the Star Wars RPG. From what I've seen, the setting is a couple thousand years before Episode 1, basicaly so Bioware can do whatever they want and not have it conflict with the "official" Star Wars universe.

7. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Still sounds pretty cool. I've always kind of been a Star Wars fan.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.