1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Star Trek Marathon!!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitiara, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Woo hooo 5 day TNG marathon, On TNN!! Into day 2 i think, almost rid of Tasha Yar. Is channel 32 here i have no idea for you guys. But im watchin it!! :grin:

2. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Why does the UK never get good stuff like this? Anything even remotely like it is always very short, and interrupted:wail:.
    Oh well, enjoy...

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Kitiara, you freak! ;) :grin: :p

I just got done watching "Yesterday's Enterprise" one of my favorite episodes! I've been sucked into this marathon all day!

Some other Next Gen Episodes: Any with Klingons, and the one where Picard gets hit by the probe's light beam and lives a different life on a planet that died out century's ago! :grin:

4. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The mask, is my all time fave. The one with the probe that makes data the sun god, and picard the moon! What an excellent actor Brent Spiner is!

5. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Kitiara:
    I've been watching it every chance I get.. I missed one of my favorite ones.. so I'm a little angry... "DataLore" I'll be watching all day for the "Best of Both Worlds" Part I and II.. (Encounter with the Borg and Locutis of Borg)
    5 days of Star Trek: Next Generation.. woo hoo. who could ask for anything more.

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Xenecor - I think Data/Lore is on right now!!!!

7. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Thanks Belisarius.. I got fooled as well at first..It's "Brothers".. but that's Okay.. I like that one just as much.. if not more.. :D
    I'm watching it now.. It seemed all of the episodes were going chronoligically so I was waiting for "Best of Both Worlds" but according to my Star Trek Encyclopedia.. It was already on.... :wail:... Did you see it yet Bel? maybe it will be on later I hope..

8. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I haven't been watching all of them...But I haven't seen "Best of Both Worlds" yet...Are they really showing them in order? I couldn't tell. But then again, I don't have the Star Trek Encyclopedia :p :)

What's the name of the probe one I was talking about above? I can't remember the name of it. It's the one where the ENterprise finds that kind of "S" shaped probe that has Picard live another life on another planet...He learned how to play the flute.

9. Silverblade Guest

In times like these I wished I lived in the US of A. You always get episodes sooner and have things like marathons. Hey I could have a marathon myself, since I have almost all episodes on tape (yeah I know I'm an addict). This showes even more that Star Trek isn't just a good running serie, but a way of life.

You call yourself a trekkie Sir B? You don't have a Star Trek encyclopedia and you don't know that episode is called 'The Inner Light'

Live long and prosper.

[This message has been edited by Silverblade (edited October 03, 2001).]

10. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] All I can do is roll my eyes at all you wierd people!

11. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hehe. I think everyone on these boards is at least a bit weird ;)

[This message has been edited by Azirath (edited October 10, 2001).]

12. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Man I'm so sad I missed out on most of it. :(
    Got to see the first and the last but nothing in between except Cause and Effect which btw kicks ass... missed decent, yesterdays enterprise, so many good ones and by personal favorite best of both worlds!! :wail:
    Ahhh man the good ol days of TNG, to bad star trek has gone gone down the shitter the last several years. :(

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited October 10, 2001).]

13. Silverblade Guest

Just a question, but you say you miss lots of good episodes, so I'm I the only one crazy (or weird in the words of Satiana) to buy them on tape? It is the only way of seeing the new episodes in Holland, because it takes ages for them to show it on tv and whenever I feel like seeing an episode, I just grab it and put it in the VCR. Simple isn't it.

14. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

REPLYES TO SEVERAL POSTS

There is something special about watching a marathon that definately sets it apart from buying and watching it on tape. It an EVENT! One of those times you can take the day off from bed, smoke some KB, and ESCAPE from the real world for a while.

For those of you wondering about an Order of episodes (and yes the marathon is over now, but TNG comes on every day :) now) you can go to StarTrek.com for a list of the episoded, times, and dates that will be playing.

WOW KIT! Masks? That's funny, I'm a diehard fan, and that's one of my least favorate episodes. Don't get me wrong, Brent is an AWESOME actor, and Data is one of my favorate characters. But I guess everyone like different episodes for different reasons, that's one of the many strong points of the show.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.