1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stalkers and Thieves

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by The Wise The Grey, Dec 19, 2001.

1. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Why is it that you can't dual class a stalker into a thief? It seems to me that this would be a fairly natural transition. Not to mention, a fun character to play.

I haven't fooled with dual-classing much, perhaps there're some fundamentals I don't understand...

2. Mirkwood Guest

Archer and Stalker can't dual to anything, it's not allowed for some reason. Beastmaster and plain ranger can dual to cleric.

Also, in order to be able to dual you need 17 in the prime stat(s) of the class you are dualling to, for cleric this is WIS, and 15 in the prime stat(s) of the class you are dualling from, for ranger this is STR, DEX, and WIS!

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    There is only *one* reason why it doesn't work: stalkers are rangers and, since rangers (fighter with stealth & cleric spells) are considered to be hybrid chars - just like paladins (fighter-cleric) and bards (thief with song and mage spells), they are not allowed to dual.

As a simple rule: You can dual into every valid mc combo, since a ranger-thief is not available you can't dual.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited December 19, 2001).]

4. Mirkwood Guest

But why can't the Archer or Stalker dual to cleric? Beastmaster can, maybe Beastmaster is such a lame kit that they decided to have pity on them and allow them to dual.

Also, I'm pretty sure Stalker could dual to cleric in SoA, but it was removed in ToB.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yes, there is the mc ranger cleric - therefor a stalker or archer *should* be able to dual (though in the case of the archer it would be a *stupid* idea).
    If it didn't work I fear your chars stats were inappropiate.

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

A ranger can only dual to a Cleric.
    In order to do this, he must be human, and have these stats: 15 Strength, 15 Constitution and 17 wisdom.

For more information on Dual Classing, check out Extremist's guide here: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003591.html .

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited December 20, 2001).]

7. Mirkwood Guest

Well that table he lists, which is DUALCLAS.2DA, has been changed in ToB. Feralan (archer) and Stalker can no longer dual to cleric.

And in order to dual a ranger to cleric you need 15 in DEX, not CON.

8. Lord Sarevok Guest

If you dual class in BG1 and import into BG2 you can have a Stalker/Cleric, although it's pretty worthless dualing at such a low level. Even with TotSC you can only reach level 8 as a ranger in BG1.

Intrestingly enough, even if you dual class before level 8, when you import you still get the extra Druid spells.

9. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You must have 15 CON to dual a ranger, just like you need 15 STR to dual a fighter or 15 DEX to dual a thief.

10. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Namuras: Mirkwood is right. For some inane reason, archers and stalkers cannot dual class in ToB, and the need 15 in DEX not CON.

I'm not too sure, but if you simply edit the 2da file, would that fix it?

11. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, that's strange. And a violation of the rules, too.

12. Lord Sarevok Guest

Hmm, it says that CON is important to the Ranger...so it's important to them but no their prime requisite?

13. SirCag Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well i made an archer, and have option to dualclass himm to cleric (yes in TOB) but I have never played it (that was yust for Fun), so it is posible to dualclass him. I think that most important stat's for him are dex, con, and wis, and since wisdom is neded for cleric it must be min. 17.

14. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Again the answer is ShadowKeeper you can edit any Kit class into any duel or multi class.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.