1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Spoilers wanted: The bloody oils

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Rakanishu, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I don't have the time to take to puzzle over this STUPID time wasting riddle. I'm not even sure if I have all the clues or all the oils (I only have blue and purple). Could somebody please give me the answer straight up?

Basically I'm in the level with Lum's machine, trying to get past the western door to get the second part of the illithid rod (I think).

2. Pyrion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Look at the minimap. Notice both sides of the map with the colored "couches"?

I'll let you figure it out from that point.

3. shadow_thief Guest

Here you are Rakanishu:
    SPOILER
    Get to level 4. Watch the gythakis and mind flayers fight and then go talk to the madmage in the glass. Then go to your right(the opposite way you faced when you got there) and you kill a couple of things. Then go in the next door. Kill some stuff and enter all the way. You see 3 bowls on the left and right. then you see a locked door. Keep that in mind. Go back to the main room and go to the other side. Open the door and kill some stuff. Open the next door and kill the magic golems. Get the blue oil and go back to the main room. You can either go to the south stair or the north stair. If you go to the south, clean everything out and at the very back of the room you find a door. Go in if you wish; there is a dragon. Kill it if you wish, it matters not in the game. Then go in the north door and clean everything out. Now, you should have the tinderbox, blue oil, purple oil and red oil. Go back to where the bowls are. The next things are done in order making the locked door facing you. On the left, light the bowls in this order: red, red, purple. Then on the right, light them in this order: blue, purple, red. The locked door opens. Clean it out and make sure you get the mallet. Now go back to the main room and tap the glass on the machine 6 times. The glass disappeares and you can kill the madmage if you want. Now click the open space of the machine. Enter it in this order: triangle button, red dial, and then medium lever. This activates the portal and you can go to the 5th and final level. Good luck!

4. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Ah! Thanks guys! My mistake was that in the Mind Flayer room I did not pick up the second part of the rod from the dead ulitharids. Luckily it didn't degenerate! :o

After that it's smooth sailing.

5. shadow_thief Guest

Your welcome Rakanishu. Again, good luck with the imprisonned one!

6. fanchant Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I was stuck finding that last part of the rod also due to it's placement, but I also installed the second patch before I went back to get it, and it was in a bag on the floor near the door into the room, so I am wondering if the patch moves the find location and makes it easier to see. FYI

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.