1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Specs for The Elders Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Morgoth, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    :eek: Hmmm, does that mean my TI 4200 won't handle it? No surprise there really, having just watched the 6 demo-videos at the official site , I haven't been that stunned by graphics since I played Atlantis Lost Tales :D

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

That's my system now except I have 2Gb RAM bugger does this mean I'm going to have to upgrade again :(

3. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

That's my system too :D Night shift paid off! Although I'm on an Athlon 64bit CPU, which I think is a bit better than a 3ghz P4 :D

4. DarkStrider

Mine's a company tax-loser for me

5. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Looks like I'll be running the lower end graphics again :( ah well...I might manage medium with a bit of juttering. I need to upgrade my RAM now *jots it down on the list of things to spend money on* :D

6. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    A bit better? Try a lot better, you lucky dog ;)

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    1.9 Ghz in a socket A with 1.5 gig of ram. Just barely I think, but I will change it.

8. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Should work on my comp, it being brand new. A different mattter is it any more interesting that the previous part. :hmm:

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    :eek: Whaaaat? My compy never be able to handle this much! Woe is me :(

10. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31

not sure how well ill run it.

2.2 ghz athlon socket a
    1 gb ram
    6600 gt 128 mb

is it only on dvd? that would be kind of disappointing...I would be forced to use a no-cd crack of some sort since the only dvd rom in the house is in my dads computer..

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, it's only on DVD as far as I can tell.

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    :( I guess I won't be playing it anytime soon either.

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    To be blunt, your Titanium 4200 would beat any FX save maybe the last 5900 series to performance if it actually ran it... And even some of the 6000's. But it won't run on it, heh.

14. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I think it's because it's not a DX 9 graphics card. But I'm not sure...

15. DarkStrider

I've succumbed and pre-ordered it i should get it week after next, the spec on my machine is the recommended except for the graphics card I'll let you know how it goes once I have it.

16. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Does anyone know if there's going to be a PS3 version?

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Presently not AFAIK.

18. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Its on the games list on www.ps3portal.com but I don't know if its been finalised, or whether thats wishful thinking :p

19. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

Should get my copy of Oblivion sometime this week, and I ordered a nice new GeForce 6800GS to go with. :)

20. nl255 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If it is anything like the other Elder Scrolls series, you will need a 5GHz P4 or equivelant, 8GB of RAM, and four of the most powerful Nvidia cards in SLI mode to run it. Considering that Morrowind doesn't run at full quality on a Geforce 6600GT and even Arena needs a 486/100 or Pentium system (even though it claims to work well on a 486/33), their system requirements should not be relied on.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.