1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP Exclusive: Greyhawk: The Temple of Elemental Evil Interview

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Taluntain, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Sorcerer's Place has conducted an interview with Troika's Tim Cain, the Project Leader on Greyhawk: The Temple of Elemental Evil.

Due to the size of the interview it will be posted in two parts. The first part is a very interesting read and, among other things, reveals a complete list of feats & skills that will be implemented in this upcoming D&D title.

Read it all here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Main/Articles/toee_interview.php

The second part can be found here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Main/Articles/toee_interview3.php

[ May 21, 2003, 11:39: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Great Interview Tal.

You didn't ask the key question, "Can you get a few dozen beta tests for the best of SP?" ;) (not that I'd make that list :lol: )

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Well done Tal, you have done it once again :thumb:

Answers a lot for everyone I should think.

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Great interview, can't wait for the second part!

I really liked the fact that the maximum level attainable will be only level 10. Brings back fond memories of Baldur's Gate 1

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It's on the next page...

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

OH.............hmmm.......uuhh.........oops...........well......aah......Great interview Tal :thumb:

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Nope, those two pages are just the first part. The second part is still coming up. ;)

8. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] :doh:

sorry about that then, makes me the stupid one again.

I look forward to it :)

9. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

8people you just made me look bad ;) , I knew I should have trusted my own intellect :rolleyes:

10. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] Hmmm. Level 10 xp cap...

Although I love playing powerful characters, this game should still prove interesting.

I do have doubts about the use of the Arcanum engine, though. Arcanum was great but the graphics did suck badly.

They feature dual-wielding! YES!

:D

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I really like the item and weapon creation abilities. That's one thing I've always thought the other games were missing. I think it will be cool to make your own weapons, scrolls, armor, etc...

I remember a game called "Daggerfall" that allowed you to create personalized spells. I never really liked playing a spellcaster until that game came out...Mainly for the spell creation.

12. Andy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I agree that it will bring back fond memories of Baldurs Gate, and hopefully it will be as entertaining as Arcanum :D

13. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] I've added the link to the second part of the interview to my first post. And sorry to whoever I was telling to go read page 2 for the soundsets & portraits quote - this is a quote from this second part of the interview indeed.

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Second part of the interview looks good. The Balor is NOT the most powerful foe??? :eek: That could get ugly.

The romances are too involved? That could get fun!

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Iron man mode, that will be something. Nor ressurection or quick load, that'll keep ye on your toes ;)

16. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Oh yes! Seems very good indeed. Only thing that game doesn't seem to have is flight and climbing (me wants!). And aside from the once again screwed lighting (I completely disagree that a fighter forced to wear a torch in his other hand to see anything isn't fun, or doesn't add to the game), I wonder what the rogue will be able to do as climbing and traps are a pretty big part of the usefulness of that character.

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

No horses for my paladin either :(

Maybe in NWN2, or BG3 ;)

18. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

[​IMG] *suddenly can't wait for it to come out*

*suddenly realizes his 350mzh isn't going to allow him to play it*

*suddenly wonders why all this is so sudden*

19. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm really psyched about this game, but haven't been paying attention. Is a mac version going to be released simultaneously, a year or more later, or scrapped all together? I weep for the limitations of my closeminded father and low bank account.

20. Taluntain

Media:
    I don't think there are any plans at all for a Mac version. Sorry.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.